Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product: whoosh motorsports FMIC $349.99 FREE SHIPPING

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Got mine installed today, ended up just using the Cobb instructions. I know there was mention of cutting off the middle mount that the bumper bolts to, mine ended up just being a bolt holding it in. Maybe an "upgrade" by Ford on 16+?
My '14 was like that when I did my CP-E IC install. So was my friend's. Surprised it's not like that for everyone.

Got mine installed today, ended up just using the Cobb instructions. I know there was mention of cutting off the middle mount that the bumper bolts to, mine ended up just being a bolt holding it in. Maybe an "upgrade" by Ford on 16+?
I think those that "cut" them actually just notched it out so the fmic would sit on it still. Mine had a bolt (16) so I just removed it completely also. Less hassle that way.

Sent from my Spaceship

J2FoRS

What country are these manufactured Ron? And are they painted black there or in house USA? Are they just spray gunning these black with regular paint?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #104
What country are these manufactured Ron? And are they painted black there or in house USA? Are they just spray gunning these black with regular paint?
UK
it's stain black powder coating

brbauer2

Went on super easy, just had to remove the center bracket and use a little muscle with the plastic to get the holes to line up.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

brbauer2

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #108
great feedback guys - thanks for the orders!!!!

brbauer2

Charge temps stay LOW with this. 45 minutes of 'legal' highway driving highest temp was 25?F above ambient and got down to 3?F over within a minute. Most pulls saw ~10?F change. Very impressed.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

Last edited:
Most of the time, I'm sitting at or just below my intake air temp. Comparing that to the thermometer on my radio screen, it usually within 0-3* from outside temp... during 3rd gear pulls (for data logging) I'm seeing charge temps rise to around 9-10* above intake temps. Intake temps are also rising during a pull so I'm a little warmer above ambient temp but that's to be expected I guess so the IC keeping charged air within 10* of intake temps are pretty good. I think I saw something about the "full race" IC from that other place keeping things within 3-5*... but that's not a factory fit IC so it's not really a direct comparison. So for this keeping things under 10*, it's a damn good IC. And the price is the icing on the cake. Ron's made a happy, repeat customer outta me...

J2FoRS

Id still really like some datalogs. I know all these copycat coolers are close to the same but core is still important. I like that at least this one is made in the UK, like the "other" guy, rather than in Taiwan like the "other other" guy. Costs more but in the end all are cheap. Hmm. Decisions.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #112
Id still really like some datalogs. I know all these copycat coolers are close to the same but core is still important. I like that at least this one is made in the UK, like the "other" guy, rather than in Taiwan like the "other other" guy. Costs more but in the end all are cheap. Hmm. Decisions.
How does mine cost more?
I'm one of not the only vendor here that offers 5% off everything all the time
FIST5 is the code which places my intercooler price the same as everyone else only mine is always in stock and you don't wait

J2FoRS

How does mine cost more?
I'm one of not the only vendor here that offers 5% off everything all the time
FIST5 is the code which places my intercooler price the same as everyone else only mine is always in stock and you don't wait
Everyone has discount codes Ron, not just whoosh. [shhh]

And, being in Canada, its cheaper to order either of the 2 from across the pond than it is to ship from US. If using you or the "other" US cheap option, id have to drive and pick it up your side of the border, or pay big shipping/duty.

In the end I digress, sorry I wasnt meaning to discount your thread or product, merely that I wish ONE of you guys with these copy coolers just had some data logs or people who bought them would show some. Im sure your products are top notch, and I like the UK manufacture.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #114

And, being in Canada, its cheaper to order either of the 2 from across the pond than it is to ship from US. If using you or the "other" US cheap option, id have to drive and pick it up your side of the border, or pay big shipping/duty.

In the end I digress, sorry I wasnt meaning to discount your thread or product, merely that I wish ONE of you guys with these copy coolers just had some data logs or people who bought them would show some. Im sure your products are top notch, and I like the UK manufacture.
oh yeah I didn't notice you were in Canada
well at least you have bags of milk[kidding]
thanks for posting

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #115

I don't want to beat a dead horse but please show me the other vendors that have had a permanent 5% forum discount on all products

J2FoRS

I don't want to beat a dead horse but please show me the other vendors that have had a permanent 5% forum discount on all products
I never said others had the same permanent 5% forum discount. But 5% is active currently from your competition with just a PM for the code. If youre all selling the same copy cooler, $$ wins.

Anyways never meant to derail your thread, already apologized once but since your still offended im sorry again. Ill lurk for logs or reviews but stay out of your threads. [wave]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #118
I never said others had the same permanent 5% forum discount. But 5% is active currently from your competition with just a PM for the code. If youre all selling the same copy cooler, $$ wins.

Anyways never meant to derail your thread, already apologized once but since your still offended im sorry again. Ill lurk for logs or reviews but stay out of your threads. [wave]
I'm not offended, I was merely stating a fact
I also buy product from vendors for my various vehicles that I don't sell and don't often see deals like mine advertised and as easily accessible
just saying
You are welcome to post your feedback - thanks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #119
4 polished IN STOCK

sorry no black FMIC's at this time