Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product: whoosh motorsports FMIC $349.99 FREE SHIPPING

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Installed the Whoosh intercooler yesterday. It fit perfectly with no adjustments needed. A+
When you say no adjustments, you must mean you left the center support off? There is no way it will go back on with it in place. I just finished installing it, and it was Not what I would call a quick bolt on. Lots of pushing, prodding, cutting, cussing, etc.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

About 2 hours? Give or take.

Yeah, two hours labor at the shop I took it to. I think an hour of that was them dropping and re-installing the front. Worth it for me since it was middle of winter and I couldn't have done it myself in double that time.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
When you say no adjustments, you must mean you left the center support off? There is no way it will go back on with it in place. I just finished installing it, and it was Not what I would call a quick bolt on. Lots of pushing, prodding, cutting, cussing, etc.

That’s weird, it fit like a glove on mine. Taking the front end off and on was a chore though.

Initial spin has favorable results. One thing I noticed is that my boost peaks at ~24psi with the larger volume. Previously I peaked at ~26 with the stocker. This is probably a good thing so the hair dryer is not being pushed as hard. Overall appears a positive change.
Thanks again Ron@whoosh for the service you provide our community.

redmoe

That’s weird, it fit like a glove on mine. Taking the front end off and on was a chore though.
I had to modify the middle tab to get mine in as well. Even the Cobb install notes has the middle tab needing to be bent. I wonder if the design has changed?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I had to modify the middle tab to get mine in as well. Even the Cobb install notes has the middle tab needing to be bent. I wonder if the design has changed?
Maybe mine was slightly bent before I installed it? I’m really happy with the intercooler. Paired with the big mouth, and E30 tune- my car is running like a raped ape.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you post pics of yours on here anywhere?
I won't until I have it completely installed...Its gonna be interesting using a reflective clear coat that is clear during the day and reflective at night. I go down in my basement and shine a flash light on it and its like shining a headlight on a jogger with reflective gear. It comes alive! [crazyeye]