Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product: whoosh motorsports FMIC $349.99 FREE SHIPPING

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #141
not sure how it's possible but I'm running low on these, but they are still IN STOCK!

I have more black powder coated cores than polished so I dropped the price of black to 349.99
don't forget to use FIST5 at checkout to SAVE 5%

and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHIPPING too in the US

not sure how it's possible but I'm running low on these, but they are still IN STOCK!

I have more black powder coated cores than polished so I dropped the price of black to 349.99
don't forget to use FIST5 at checkout to SAVE 5%

and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHIPPING too in the US
Ron,

do you perform a quality inspection on each one that's shipped? I read another thread about the other fmic having metal shavings left behind inside?

Thanks,
DEss

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #144
Ron,

do you perform a quality inspection on each one that's shipped? I read another thread about the other fmic having metal shavings left behind inside?

Thanks,
DEss
I've read reports of that happening as well
To be quite honest, no I do not personally inspect each intercooler. I purchase the whoosh brand, cp-e brand, ATP, etc pre-packaged
I'm trusting that the manufacturing process at each company: even overseas for my intercooler takes the needed precautions to deliver a clean and well made product.
My intercooler is delivered with sealed caps on each end tank
From the hand full of whoosh intercoolers I have unpackaged for inspection, installation, etc, I can say I've never seen any debris inside any of the intercoolers

No matter what brand intercooler you buy for any car, it is wise to make sure you check the inside for any dust or excessive debris before installation

I've read reports of that happening as well
To be quite honest, no I do not personally inspect each intercooler. I purchase the whoosh brand, cp-e brand, ATP, etc pre-packaged
I'm trusting that the manufacturing process at each company: even overseas for my intercooler takes the needed precautions to deliver a clean and well made product.
My intercooler is delivered with sealed caps on each end tank
From the hand full of whoosh intercoolers I have unpackaged for inspection, installation, etc, I can say I've never seen any debris inside any of the intercoolers

No matter what brand intercooler you buy for any car, it is wise to make sure you check the inside for any dust or excessive debris before installation
I haven't heard of this. I'm planning on buying your IC after winter.

Is it enough to just look inside the end caps and check for any debris?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #146
I haven't heard of this. I'm planning on buying your IC after winter.

Is it enough to just look inside the end caps and check for any debris?
I thought about this over the weekend and just received more polished intercoolers
so your post made me draw a line in the sand..................

if you don't find a whoosh decal inside your intercooler, I didn't inspect it.
BUT, I'm now inspecting each intercooler before they ship. I just went through 30 of them this morning and found a damaged one as well. No debris of any kind in any of them to report by the way,

Thanks!

-Ron

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I thought about this over the weekend and just received more polished intercoolers
so your post made me draw a line in the sand..................

if you don't find a whoosh decal inside your intercooler, I didn't inspect it.
BUT, I'm now inspecting each intercooler before they ship. I just went through 30 of them this morning and found a damaged one as well. No debris of any kind in any of them to report by the way,

Thanks!

-Ron
Hey Ron, just letting you know that the Whoosh brand I/C I have had some metal dust inside one of the end tanks upon arrival. I figured it was normal and just cleaned the sucker out with water and air prior to install. As a side note, you ever hear from the manuf. about the mounting bracket spacing?

Just to throw it out there, in the event you do have debris in yours, just flush it thoroughly with some simple green and water, or equivalent; then stand it on end in the sun for a few hours to dry out inside. Although inconvenient, it's not really a huge concern, Imo.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #150
Does the black power coat change the cooling affects? I'll be ordering one this week.
negligible
you won't notice any ill effects from the black coating BlaineP
the same performance benefits have been reported with both polished and black units based on logs and data from the COBB AP

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #152
Are you planning on any sales on these anytime soon?
I have a 5% discount code all the time (FIST5)
it's good for most every item on the site

Let me know if you have any other questions

Just installed the Whoosh FMIC (black) yesterday. And so far this thing is great. Hoping the weather dries up here so I can bump up the tune. Great product!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #154
Just installed the Whoosh FMIC (black) yesterday. And so far this thing is great. Hoping the weather dries up here so I can bump up the tune. Great product!
thank you!

tons of black and polished intercoolers IN STOCK!!!

Alright Ron, I purchased an accessport. I’m patiently awaiting your announcement of Black Friday Deals because I need a downpipe and intercooler to make my “stage 3” setup complete. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #156
Alright Ron, I purchased an accessport. I’m patiently awaiting your announcement of Black Friday Deals because I need a downpipe and intercooler to make my “stage 3” setup complete. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tomorrow is the big day!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #157
first logo'ed FMIC - it's not perfect
but they will be and I'll be painting them in many colors very soon....stay tuned

TDavis

1000 Post Club
first logo'ed FMIC - it's not perfect
but they will be and I'll be painting them in many colors very soon....stay tuned

Definitely digging it. Hopefully the stencil alignment will be figured out soon by the time I get mine in Jan or if I win the FB post.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #159
Definitely digging it. Hopefully the stencil alignment will be figured out soon by the time I get mine in Jan or if I win the FB post.
I've been talking to a guy that has a custom stencil in California
He thinks it will be all but spot on. Or I may be able to move it down a bit. I'm hopeful it's good where it is so the alignment starts on the 2nd bar. We shall see[clap]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #160
In stock

with no logo
or with the "I like to party with whoosh logo" free of charge in many colors to choose from....[like]