Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who is STAGE 2 with just Drop-In Filter and Intercooler ?

I'm currently Stage 1 (Cobb) with a K&N drop-in filter.

I'm thinking about going Stage 2.

Looks like an IC is a must (I'm looking at the Maperformance IC).

If I plan on using the Cobb AP OTS Stage 2 map, what are my options?

Do I need an upgraded intake?
What about the BigMouth intake?

Thanks!

I was running the stage 2 map with just the intercooler and OEM filter. Never had a problem.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Im running a stage 2 cobb OTS map with just a cobb drop in filter. Moutune intake pipe and ATP intercooler. Works great. The only thing i would like to add is a big mouth.

Also im at 75k with no issues on stock original plugs. Will be changing them soon just cause.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
There aren't any long-term reliability concerns running the OTS Stage 2 map with just an IC and drop-in?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Crazy to hear people run cobb it's maps, least the least I would do is get an Stratified OTS map. Best bang for the buck and changes the cars drivability. But Ed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Crazy to hear people run cobb it's maps, least the least I would do is get an Stratified OTS map. Best bang for the buck and changes the cars drivability. But Ed!

Im sure its much better.

I have exhaust catless downpipe and stratified tune am I okay with no IC at this point?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Im sure its much better.
For 50-75$ it's a no brainer. Especially if you can access ethanol;-)

I have exhaust catless downpipe and stratified tune am I okay with no IC at this point?
So many variable matter;however, having an IC would help with performance.

me32

1000 Post Club
For 50-75$ it's a no brainer. Especially if you can access ethanol;-)

So many variable matter;however, having an IC would help with performance.

E85 is nice for performance. Not so much on the mpg. Since my ST is basically a work car i just use 91octane. Gets the best mpg/performance.

Stage1/2/3, does not mean anything but a sales point that is all. Just an easier way to categorize for consumers to pay attention to certain products. Without an intercooler you are simply losing out on performance! YOUR ENGINE WILL NOT BLOW UP! Anyone here can run an uprated tune with stock intercooler until your engine decides to give up from old age! You do not need an air intake...you do not need an exhaust.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

For new drivers, one thing to ask yourself. How would "not" having an aftermarket intake hurt your engine??? Think about it, it's just a bent tube!

For new drivers, one thing to ask yourself. How would "not" having an aftermarket intake hurt your engine??? Think about it, it's just a bent tube!

Some cars might make a difference. Our cars were engineered very well. Which is why i have ordered a FMIC and catless dp. Then i can get the benefit of "stage 3 ots" until i put her on a dyno, and get some real time tuning.

What draxxus131 said ^^^ I ran all 3 stages of Cobb OTS tunes on STOCK car. Now mind you, it was winter(temps in the 40's)and I monitored my gauges like a hawk and guess what... nothing alarming happened. No negative corrections etc. If it was a hot 90 degree day perhaps it would be different. YES the stock intercooler heat soaks quickly so your performance will not be consistent. Maybe if one was dumb enough to beat on the car mercilessly in mid summer on back to back pulls etc it could be dangerous, but its just using a bit of common sense and knowing what you are doing and how the car is performing. Is it better to have an uprated intercooler? ABSOLUTELY. Will you die if you run stage 2 or 3 on stock? NO.

Stage one pulled hard(compared to stock) when the power came on with a just a hint of wheel spin... stage 2 a bit more pull and more wheel spin and stage 3 spins wheels like crazy. Compared to my Stratified flash tune, the power delivery is very different than the Cobb OTS tunes. Cobb is like a light switch(seems more focused on lower end of rpm range) and Stratified just pulls hard through most of the rev range.

Stage one pulled hard(compared to stock) when the power came on with a just a hint of wheel spin... stage 2 a bit more pull and more wheel spin and stage 3 spins wheels like crazy. Compared to my Stratified flash tune, the power delivery is very different than the Cobb OTS tunes. Cobb is like a light switch(seems more focused on lower end of rpm range) and Stratified just pulls hard through most of the rev range.
How long did that power last in stage 3 with the charge temps?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stage 3 I noticed more power all around- mostly felt it accelerating at highway speeds/interstate. I only ran stage 3 for about a week and it was in the 40's so my charge temps did not look bad at all. I didn't heat soak the intercooler but that may be due to weather and not beating on it too hard lol.

Stage 3 I noticed there more power all around- mostly felt it accelerating at highway speeds/interstate. I only ran stage 3 for about a week and it was in the 40's so my charge temps did not look bad at all. I didn't heat soak the intercooler but that may be due to weather and not beating on it too hard lol.
My concern is i am wanting to go ahead with my catless downpipe and i know the OTS 3 will kill that cel, and i have a thread about the vibrant j anti foul piece, so maybe ill stick out at stage 1 with this Alabama heat. If youve never been to the southeast, theres nothing like it [emoji29].

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't run more than a stg 1 tune on a stock ic. Heat management is a big issue with these cars and the boost pressures of a stg 2+ tune are at the edge of the efficiency table for this compressor. You're pushing a lot of hot air and the stock ic is barely adequate for stock and stg 1 tunes. I'm sure others will disagree, but I like to have a margin for error.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

So is the general consensus that the COBB OTS Stage 3 tune can be run with perfect year-round reliably with only an aftermarket intercooler?

Previously I was thinking that Cobb Stage 3 tune is best run with an Intercooler, Intake, and High-flow Catted Downpipe to achieve this. Omitting the intercooler piping and cat-back exhaust that is included in the Cobb Stage 3 package.

But if the High Flow Downpipe isn't necessary either, thats even better. I think my preference would be Intake + Intercooler with the OTS Stage 3 tune. Need more induction sound anyways.