Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: FS: Wilwood Big Brake Kit with Stainless Braided Lines - Cheap

Trader history for Accel Junky (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I'm selling my Wilwood Fiesta ST brake kit that was purchased new just a few months ago. Has about 2,000 street miles or so and 1 track day. Unfortunately at the track day they seized (or so I thought) towards the end of the day.

Prior to the failure the brakes were PHENOMENAL and the weight savings is impressive.

At this point I have not determined definitively if it was my car or the brakes themselves but after dealing with Wilwood support (lets just say they don't stand behind their products) I decided to throw in the towel and order StopTech in hopes they have better support for future situations.

This would make a good budget kit for a DIY'er or someone that wants to custom powder coat the calipers etc... and doesn't want to buy a brand new kit.

You are getting:

2x complete Wilwood 6 piston calipers
2x complete Wilwood rotors w/ hats
2x stainless braided Wilwood brake lines with fittings and mounts already hooked up
2x Wilwood brake brackets
All required hardware included caliper bracket bolts, caliper bolts, shims (8 pictured but there are more included), brake line stays, and hub rings for the rotor hats

What happened needs to be fixed: Before I noticed the seized the pads ground through on on side into 1 piston and on the other just into the backing plate. One caliper caught on fire momentarily (I blew it out seconds later in the pit) because of that piston that went through the brake pad came partially out and leaked brake fluid.

- 1 large piston for sure needs to be replaced
- 1 pad pin is slightly bent (I bent it back but you may want a new one)
- Both rotors surfaces need to be either turned (not sure if or how that would work) or you can replace the rotor rings with fresh ones. There is a heavy amount of pad material on them as I ate through 2 sets of pads inadvertantly.
- 1 caliper is partially burnt from brake fluid igniting (see photos), so you may want to re-coat it or roll with it if you don't mind the look

The brakes still held fluid and pressure once I reassembled everything at the track in a pinch, so there should be no issues with the caliper functionality once you replace the 1 piston that has mushroomed/ground.

One more time at the end: You are looking at a Wilwood brake it for the Fiesta ST that NEEDS WORK. This is not bolt on and go.

Pictures are below. You'll notice I have the destroyed pads still in them but they come out, I just did that in a pinch to get the car back on a trailer at the track.

Price is $425 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

PM me or text 404-790- thirty six fifty

Located in Acworth, GA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.