Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best First Mod...

Am I the only one who thinks the factory shifter feels good as is? It doesn't have a very long throw and is smooth with just a bit of notch.
Never once even thought about needing improved shifting in this car, honestly don't understand what people are on about with it.

On one hand I wonder what I am missing, and on the other I am fine with being content.

Zormecteon

Never once even thought about needing improved shifting in this car, honestly don't understand what people are on about with it.

On one hand I wonder what I am missing, and on the other I am fine with being content.
There is nothing particularly wrong, it just that it can be soooooo much better. When the throw is shortened, the effort goes up just that much as well, to make it FEEL better. If you like it as it is, that's cool too.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I also think the shifter is fine: the feel of a control is obviously subjective. I collected a bunch of road tests while deciding and waiting on my car, this discussion got me curious and I looked back at what some automotive journalists said about our shifter.

Auto Express: A brilliant gearbox features a precise, short-throw shift action.
Motor Trend: a great shifter
Rallyways: I feel the shifter lever is a little lower than I would like. ... Having said what I said about the shift lever position, it is a buttery smooth and joyful shift lever to operate. While I still prefer the feel of a gear shifter that goes straight into the transmission, as is the case with rear-wheel drive cars, this one is the next best thing. For a remote shifter, the shifting action is a beautiful thing. Did I say how nice this thing is to shift? Lovers of the manual transmission rejoice!
Evo: The gearshift is slick, precise, with a well-defined gate, satisfying to shift. Our long termer feels better still - the miles have given the lever an even slicker action.
Jalopnik: Transmission?s superb, clutch perfectly weighted with a nice, well-defined catch point, throws light and crisp, could be a bit shorter, a supremely easy 6MT to operate.
Moto IQ: The FiST has fairly decent stock shift feel, which is quite positive for a cable shifter FWD car.
Automobile: ...clean shift action from the six-speed manual.

Am I the only one who thinks the factory shifter feels good as is? It doesn't have a very long throw and is smooth with just a bit of notch.
I really haven't had any issues with missing shifts on mine. My old car was a 2003 SVT Focus, and even with an aftermarket shifter, I would frequently miss 3rd to 4th. For some reason it had very rubbery engagement points. This one is light years ahead of that one. I have heard good things about the fswerks short shift bracket.

I recently got the cp-e Rear Motor Mount xFlex 30 months after having this car. I slapped myself twice for not getting it first. Vibration isn't bad at all. It reminds me of my E36 M3. Fiesta ST has some character to it now.

I am 600 miles in and so far I have a gas pedal spacer and an Oil Catch Can on the way. Next I will probably do a stage 1 package with a RMM, filter and accessport.