Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best First Mod...

Ok, opinions on the best, first, non bank breaking mod? I'm thinking the sound symposer delete and a short throw shifter...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
What do you consider "bank breaking?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfan

Ok, opinions on the best, first, non bank breaking mod? I'm thinking the sound symposer delete and a short throw shifter...
Came here to post exactly this. Symposer Delete and Short Shift Kit were my first 2 mods, not because they were cheap (even though they are), but because they are awesome must-haves (IMO).

Rest of my short list is this:
1. Reusable panel-type Air Filter (K&N or equivalent)
2. AccessPort (used ones pop up in For Sale here quite frequently)
3. 16" lightweight wheels and the best sports tires you can afford

Undecided on order of next mods, short list part 2 is:
4. RMM
5. Custom ECU tuning (e.g. lifetime from Tuned+)
6. Coilovers (as close to stock height as possible, for the daily driver practicality)
7. Upgraded Intercooler
8. Pierce Motorsports chassis bracing (upper, lower, torsion bar)

I did mine piecemeal, but most people take care of 1, 2, and 4 with the COBB Stage 1 Kit (good value for new parts)

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!

Zormecteon

Quick Shift was on my list for you before I saw your budget. It will make driving better EVERY time. ... Hi Flow Filter. and a RMM and you'll be good for good long time. Easy Peasy too.

My 2?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Well, I can slide $500 worth of mods under the wife's radar pretty easily...
Then, I suggest a Cobb Accessport. A tune is hands down the best modification you can do. A very close 2nd best is an intercooler. Used ones pop up frequently enough; then, get a custom tune.

Waterfan

Then, I suggest a Cobb Accessport. A tune is hands down the best modification you can do. A very close 2nd best is an intercooler. Used ones pop up frequently enough; then, get a custom tune.

Truth.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Access port. It also holds its value well so if you need the funds easy to unmarry and sell where as other mods not so much.

If you take the accessport advice here, make sure you unmarry (divorce?) it before you take it to Ford for any warranty/free scheduled maintenance. If they do a software update without knowing about your tune before hand, it can brick your ECU. It doesn't sound like you are in for the power, but more of a driving feel. So I wouldn't suggest an accessport for your warranty's sake. It's not a huge issue as reputable tunes are pretty safe, but just throwing it out there.

Short shift gets my vote. Also look into Pierce motorsport's rear torsion bar ($140).

RMM might be too noticeable to the passenger (wife).... unless.. she likes a pulsating vibration coming from the seat...in that case, you should definitely get a Boomba RMM.

If you love braking hard into turns while nailing a few perfect heel toe downshifts and then rocketing out of the corner, the Garageline pedal spacer is crucial (Upgrade yourself too if you can't heel toe). The garageline one is best because it allows for lateral pedal adjustment in addition to raising the pedal an inch, whereas most just bring the pedal closer to you. This was the first thing I did, it increased my enjoyment of the car substantially and now I can't imagine driving this car without it.

Zormecteon

If you love braking hard into turns while nailing a few perfect heel toe downshifts and then rocketing out of the corner, the Garageline pedal spacer is crucial (Upgrade yourself too if you can't heel toe). The garageline one is best because it allows for lateral pedal adjustment in addition to raising the pedal an inch, whereas most just bring the pedal closer to you. This was the first thing I did, it increased my enjoyment of the car substantially and now I can't imagine driving this car without it.
I got one for Christmas, but haven't yet installed it..... just waiting for the weather to improve..... it won't stop raining--I don't have a covered space in which to work. good to know I'm on the right track....... so to speak.

I'll echo many here. I'm frugal (cheap) and kept seeing rmm and short shift shift mentioned over and over when I started looking for mods. I thought to myself, sure whatever. These are just mod-happy guys who have more $ than good sense and just bolt on everything they can.
I wish I had done those 2 things from day 1! Night and day difference for me in just day to day driving.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I need this in my life, I am having a helluva time getting to the gas pedal to rev match downshifts.

Bought my car Monday 2/13 already ordered mountune symposer delete, DHM shifter extension, Cobb AP, K&N drop in filter and got my windows tinted today the struggle is real only 300 miles on ODO lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro