Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Swift Spec-R springs

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can get both options for you
They aren't listed on the site simply because I can't sell them as cheap as I'd like
I'll do my best for you though...
Thanks Ron! [thumb]

I am still looking into the the possibility/practicality of converting either of those dampers to fully, and independently double adjustable (rebound AND compression), as well as re-valving them even brand new, and just what that would co$t.

Ron did you ever compare these to mountune springs. I'm really on the fence I would prefer comfort to out right handling as there's not to many corners round here. I plan on matching to B8's

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron did you ever compare these to mountune springs. I'm really on the fence I would prefer comfort to out right handling as there's not to many corners round here. I plan on matching to B8's
here's the spec on the Mountune
5% (front OE springs 172lbs/in mountune 181lbs/in)
5% (rear OE 137lbs/in mountune 144lbs/in)

and the Swift

Ford Fiesta ST 2014-16 front 212lbs/inch - rear 162lbs/Inch

I believe the Swift springs are the hot ticket - I personally had Mountune but to be fair it was before I offered (or actually knew about the Swift spec-R's)
The front seems like they have it a bit stiff but the rear rates are softer than Mountune. Street manners should be fine. Everyone loves these springs which is why they can't keep them in stock for any dealers.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I finally received my Notice they have been shipped! YAY! Stupid intergalactic back order! Now debating @ 45k should I just get Shocks & struts also or roll the dice and keep the stockers and load them up with the springs and let'er RIP! [raceflag]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone know how much bearing plates are for the front struts off hand? I don't feel like taking my Stockers apart if possible.[party]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anybody running the Powerflex rear coil pads with the Swifts? Thoughts?
I have them...But they are not installed yet! All the Bearing plates...nuts....dust boot.. lower strut cushions..bumpers etc. are about $70+ from most Ford parts sites.....They are all dirt cheap also.... No part was over $13 per part.....some were in the .xx cents range. This is what I like about owning an economy-rocketbox![wrenchin]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I finally received my Notice they have been shipped! YAY! Stupid intergalactic back order! Now debating @ 45k should I just get Shocks & struts also or roll the dice and keep the stockers and load them up with the springs and let'er RIP! [raceflag]
sorry for the long wait
these are "the springs of choice" which has made Swift switch gears a bit and increase their production due to high demand

I'm hopeful we will be in good stock standings for a while now[rockon]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
sorry for the long wait
these are "the springs of choice" which has made Swift switch gears a bit and increase their production due to high demand

I'm hopeful we will be in good stock standings for a while now[rockon]
Not your fault Ron! Now I just have to decide if I wanna use my stock struts and shocks or Get the orange Koni's and add this to the mass exodus of stock parts coming up! Is the $30 dollar deal still going on Ron? I see o nyour site it says from 2017.....Just curious! [rockon]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Not your fault Ron! Now I just have to decide if I wanna use my stock struts and shocks or Get the orange Koni's and add this to the mass exodus of stock parts coming up! Is the $30 dollar deal still going on Ron? I see o nyour site it says from 2017.....Just curious! [rockon]
I just removed it - that offer is long gone
Koni yellows and orange are both in stock though FYI

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have them installed. I installed them with the springs, so I can't say if the actually make a difference. The material quality was noticeable though
Do these raise the ride height, even a little bit?

Since it seems that no one makes even a close to factory height, but much higher rate, strut mounted (vs. a coil over) linear spring for these cars, this may be the way for me to go (Swifts with coil pads front and rear) IF Ground Control never releases their coil over conversion kit for our rides. ;)