Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY's?

Is there a thread that shows a DIY for replacing the brakes? I don't imagine it to be too difficult but I love a good photo heavy DIY. I searched and didn't come up with anything. Also, where are you guys buying brake pads from and what kind?

Other DIY's would be great to have a link to as well.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #3
I'll check it out, thank you. My Google-Fu isn't what it once was.

Just know that you need a tool to rotate and retract the rear caliper piston, otherwise easy-peasy.

brbauer2

Just know that you need a tool to rotate and retract the rear caliper piston, otherwise easy-peasy.
Almost any auto parts store will let you 'rent' the tool for 24-48 hours. The couple times I've needed it for other vehicles they just put a $100 hold on a credit card until the tool is returned.

It's a $10 tool, so renting seems a bit of a hassle. Look up the Lisle 28600. But he's right, renting specialty tools is frequently the best way.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
It's a $10 tool, so renting seems a bit of a hassle. Look up the Lisle 28600. But he's right, renting specialty tools is frequently the best way.
The one they rent is not the $10 knuckle cracker. Its the $100 buck push and rotate pro tool, takes longer to set up but a child can use it, no brute force required. Both work. I like the cube but wear gloves and take your time, knuckles are a precious thing. :p

OP
Z
Thread Starter #8
Oh yeah, I've had one of those for years. Best $30 I ever spent. Until I buy the kind with a hand pump instead of twisting it