Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Screwed up car with Forscan

Tried forscan for the first time this evening. Scrolling through the modules, I came across something like "auto locks" it was set as enabled, I changed it to disable, and clicked "write". (block #27) it confirmed, then asked me to cycle ignition. Problem is my car will not turn back on! So now, I cannot even change that setting back. Any suggestions? I need to get to work tomorrow! I tried disconnecting the battery with no luck.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Do you mean forscan, as in enabling extended license? Did that before starting.

No, I meant the car. Don't really know though, just throwing out ideas.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #5
I can lock/unlock doors from button on dash, but key fobs do nothing. Also sport mode warning is shown in radio, but no dash lights except odometer.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I can lock/unlock doors from button on dash, but key fobs do nothing. Also sport mode warning is shown in radio, but no dash lights except odometer.

What year is your car? If you have a spare key, try starting it with that. Maybe your battery in the fob is low or dead. That happened to me once and I got a new battery and no problems.

neeqness

1000 Post Club

If you have a spare key, try starting it with that. Maybe your battery in the fob is low or dead. That happened to me once and I got a new battery and no problems.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #9
Neither key does anything.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #11
Kind of tried that method, but I can't get past step 1! Nothing happens when I press the start/stop button. It doesn't even light up.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Kind of tried that method, but I can't get past step 1! Nothing happens when I press the start/stop button. It doesn't even light up.

Does the radio come on with its separate power button

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #14
Does the radio come on with its separate power button
Yes, but the "vehicle" icon is greyed out and doesn't do anything. I also get a message saying that sport mode is enabled, which seems weird.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Can you access it at all? Try using the interface to see if you can unlock it or something

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #16
No luck. Forscan needs acc turned on, which I can't do. I think I need to have it towed to the dealer tomorrow. Just hope they don't try to screw me over. I have a cobb ots stage 1 tune loaded, which I cannot revert back to stock, since I can't turn the car on!

brbauer2

Sounds EXACTLY like what happened to mine but I did not use Forscan.

Dealer had it for 2 weeks. You can read posts in my thread

Here's the post about what the dealer did.

Never did figure out what went wrong or how it happened.

**Edit**
Just saw your post about the OTS Tune. I had my Stratified E-Tune loaded and they said nothing about it. Not sure if they just ignored it or can't see that it's even on there.

Make sure to remove your Accessport/cable/mount just in case.

Also, mine was fully covered under warranty.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #18
Sounds EXACTLY like what happened to mine but I did not use Forscan.

Dealer had it for 2 weeks. You can read posts in my thread

Here's the post about what the dealer did.

Never did figure out what went wrong or how it happened.

**Edit**
Just saw your post about the OTS Tune. I had my Stratified E-Tune loaded and they said nothing about it. Not sure if they just ignored it or can't see that it's even on there.

Make sure to remove your Accessport/cable/mount just in case.

Also, mine was fully covered under warranty.
What scares me, is my local dealer has a huge sign in the service writers area that warns about tunes voiding warranty. I know they will try to pawn it off on a tune of they discover it. But, what can I do? Makes me feel better I'm not alone!

brbauer2

See if roadside can take it to a different dealer?

The dealer I went to is my last choice when I can choose where to go. Sucks that it's only 1 mile from the house. Roadside wouldn't even take it to one that is only 7 miles away (I like their service dept. MUCH better).

neeqness

1000 Post Club
See if roadside can take it to a different dealer?

The dealer I went to is my last choice when I can choose where to go. Sucks that it's only 1 mile from the house. Roadside wouldn't even take it to one that is only 7 miles away (I like their service dept. MUCH better).
Exactly what I was going to say. Try to find one that honors the warranty and doesn't try to slip out of it. These are the dealers I try to buy from because that is the best way to show your appreciation.