Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Screwed up car with Forscan

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Did you make a backup before writing? You may be able to restore it but if you can't get into ACC then that's a problem.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #24
I just got done checking each fuse. All are good. Having roadside assistance pick it up this morning.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

brbauer2

I just got done checking each fuse. All are good. Having roadside assistance pick it up this morning.

Good Luck!

If they seem to be dragging their feet ask them to look at the parts in my post I made earlier.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #26
Good Luck!

If they seem to be dragging their feet ask them to look at the parts in my post I made earlier.

Sent from my OnePlus 3
Will do. Thanks for the support, and encouragement! Didn't have time today to check in with them, but am going to stop by before work tomorrow. I like their service better than the other dealers around, but their sales team is extremely lacking! Hopefully my past experiences with them still hold true even if they do have a big warning about custom tunes!

brbauer2

It took mine 5ish days to even change out the BCM. Then Ford corporate would only allow them to change one module at a time, so that took a couple days each. They had to order the part, wait, install, then diagnose what to do next, repeat until it worked.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Exactly what I was going to say. Try to find one that honors the warranty and doesn't try to slip out of it. These are the dealers I try to buy from because that is the best way to show your appreciation.
Not trying to be an arse but honoring a warranty for bricking your car?

Have you tried contacting Cobb or Stratified? If I were to take a guess, I would bet that the flashing a tune with the AP changes the memory locations around. So Forscan might write to the default locations, but these locations were changed by the new tune. Maybe Cobb can help flash the factory tune back?

brbauer2

Have you tried contacting Cobb or Stratified? If I were to take a guess, I would bet that the flashing a tune with the AP changes the memory locations around. So Forscan might write to the default locations, but these locations were changed by the new tune. Maybe Cobb can help flash the factory tune back?
This could be true. Definitely worth finding out or unmarrying before playing with Forscan.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

I've had no issues playing with ForScan, and I have an AccessPort with tune installed. I've even disabled the autolock feature on my car the same way as the OP with no issues. If I had to guess, I'd think his computer temporarily lost connection with his car while reflashing, and garbled the data on the ECU, leaving it a brick.

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #38
Still at the dealer. For some reason they changed out the powertrain control module with no results. Since then they have been in contact with the techs at ford corporate. I gave them the list of components that fixed yours, but they seemed to ignore it, or had reasons to try something else first. Starting to miss my ride!

brbauer2

Still at the dealer. For some reason they changed out the powertrain control module with no results. Since then they have been in contact with the techs at ford corporate. I gave them the list of components that fixed yours, but they seemed to ignore it, or had reasons to try something else first. Starting to miss my ride!

It sucks. I had to drive a 150k miles 2008 CR-V to Miami and back to Chicago because the dealer had my FiST.

Not a fun drive with that vehicle.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
briandee
Thread Starter #40
It sucks. I had to drive a 150k miles 2008 CR-V to Miami and back to Chicago because the dealer had my FiST.

Not a fun drive with that vehicle.

Sent from my OnePlus 3
I am currently driving my work truck, a 326,000 mile sprinter van! It has "charm"! Loose steering, no power, no heat/ac, noisy, but she's my baby since 2002!