Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can we discuss LSPI?

codestp202

I've been doing a lot of research on knock, lspi, ignition correction ect. I've paid attention to 3 different tunes. I've had Cobb Stage 1, Cobb Stage 2, and now I'm on a DHM tune that we are wrapping up.

I have been extremely cautious about LSPI conditions, not WOT in 5th or 6th (actually not really more then maintenance or 20% throttle), going down to 4th for hard acceleration at highway speeds. But I still seem to get negative ignition correction & knock through all my tunes.

For instance, I was going up a grade today at a park, I was going about 20 mph and shifted into second gear gave about 1/4 throttle to slowly move up the hill, and saw -2 and up to -3.8 across all 4 cylinders. Is this really a condition that LSPI could occur, or is this a normal instance of what the ecu would do? I only had 1 cylinder viewing for knock and I only saw 1 knock in Cyl 3. Am I worrying too much about LSPI? I never go WOT under 2500 rpm.

This is low speed conditions only, my WOT logs are looking pretty good and Ron & I are wrapping up our tune. I never bog the engine, feel anything weird, or hear anything strange. The motor sounds great& i'm right at 8k miles. After doing more research on LSPI I tend to spend more time worrying about it as I drive then enjoying the car lol.

Mobil 1 full synthetic being changed every 3k miles. Good 91 shell gas, spark plugs are gapped correctly.

Here is a log of our latest revision of the tune if anyone is interested:

http://www.datazap.me/u/codestp202/d...13-16-17-18-19