Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front right brake squeaking, even with new pads.

Started noticing the front right brake squeaking at 5000 miles. I figured the 6 track days must have done the pads in extra quickly so I swapped some Hawk street race pads. I noticed the stock pads had noticeable wear but didn't actually need to be replaced yet. I replaced them anyway and still have the squeak. It's only the last 20 feet of braking before coming to a stop, but it's very noticeable.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking of fiddling with the brake hardware that keeps the pads in place. I suspect that the clip is rubbing on the rotor somehow...

I've had a lot of noise problems with my brakes. I figured it was from the rotors getting marred on the track days. It's weird because it comes and goes but just like you said it's usually right before coming to a stop.

Without the proper bedding technique and with previously used rotors, squeaking can happen. A lot of the time when your brakes are squeaking, its usually an improper mating of the pad and rotor material. A cheap way to get around this is to turn the rotors which will shave a small mount of the rotor face off to allow for the new brake pads to be able to properly mate to the rotor. You can also replace pads and rotors at the same time and bed them in properly to circumvent the squeaking problem. The fact that you had some track time lends more emphasis that your rotors are probably glazed and either need to be turned to replaced to get the proper mating between the pad and rotor material.