Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

StopTech sport slotted cryo-treated

I've heard mixed reviews about the "cryo" treating.
I've found this kit w/ rotors and pads for $350 for everything. Another $100 for stainless lines and your good to go. Probably the route I'll be going.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've heard mixed reviews about the "cryo" treating.
I've found this kit w/ rotors and pads for $350 for everything. Another $100 for stainless lines and your good to go. Probably the route I'll be going.
Make sure its not the base Fiesta kit. I have seem many kits claiming to be for Fiesta ST but are for the base Fiesta (smaller front rotor).

Unless the majority of those 13.3K miles are hard track miles, you probably do not need new rotors.. Save the monies..

Contemplating buying these to replace OEM rotors. At only 13.3k miles mine look like hell. I was just wondering if anyone has tried these out?

https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/bra...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=
Running cryo slotted front, cryo drilled rear, with factory pads and braided lines for about 5k mi. No track use, just canyon carving weekends. No issues. A little more noise from slot/holes, a little more initial bite, but works well.

Last edited:
OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Unless the majority of those 13.3K miles are hard track miles, you probably do not need new rotors.. Save the monies..
lol I'll try to get some pictures. I compared it with another fist my friend purchased right before me. She has about 1k miles more and her rotors look and feel fine. Her car is stock, mine is full bolt-ons with cyborg 39. I track mine at the nurburgring and drive back roads pretty hard almost daily. She uses her ST as a commuter.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Call diversified Cryogenics / frozen rotors....Toll Free 1-888-323-8456

www.diversifiedcryogenics.com/askthebear.html

Not a bad price either from tire rack....id buy them and get factory pads.
I can't deal with the dust! [?|] I ordered hawk ceramic pads and steel brake lines but I'm a little worried about putting the pads on since I'll be tracking the car a lot this spring/summer. Not sure if they'll have enough stopping power.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
lol I'll try to get some pictures. I compared it with another fist my friend purchased right before me. She has about 1k miles more and her rotors look and feel fine. Her car is stock, mine is full bolt-ons with cyborg 39. I track mine at the nurburgring and drive back roads pretty hard almost daily. She uses her ST as a commuter.

How much does it cost to drive the nurburgring anyways? You should do a hot lap with a gopro or dash recorder....that would be sweet. Just an FYI....[thumb]

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
How much does it cost to drive the nurburgring anyways? You should do a hot lap with a gopro or dash recorder....that would be sweet. Just an FYI....[thumb]
I have actually have some from the first time I went but the dialog between my wife and I was obnoxious lol. I'm basically coaching myself out loud. I'll record some this spring when we head back up there.

Price is like 20 bucks for a lap on the nordschleife (22km) or for 20 minutes on the GP track. They have VLN days where the change the track so you can do both together for the same price. That was a good ass time...it was the last time we went for the season and met up with some people up there. I was mostly competing with a dude in a modified s2000. (before turbo up-grade/coilovers or tune). Really eager to get back up there with a way more capable car this year and to be more experienced.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can i come hangout sometime and be your navigator/co-pilot? [twothumb] and drink some beers of course!

OP
A
Thread Starter #13
Can i come hangout sometime and be your navigator/co-pilot? [twothumb] and drink some beers of course!
Lol my wife just left to join the Air Force and we have no kids and a spare bedroom. You fly to Germany and you can stay at my house for free and I'll let you drive a lap in my car. Offer expires when she gets back [cheers]

OP
A
Thread Starter #15
Not sure yet but I'll be going back to the states in April-May for a few weeks. The first weekend of May would be a good time. I'll still be on leave if all goes according to play. If you're serious I'll let you know in a PM when the best days to come will be. You'll have to ride with Marcel he's a way better driver than I am...
@Dr.Pr?ttekl?tt you gotta read this lol. He'll have to ride with you so you can scare the hell out of him like you did to me.

Edit: Why is it always impossible to tag him? [dunno]

Don't slotted rotors just wear the pads faster? Not sure you gain much with them.

Discuss.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Slotted rotors are good for moving water off the rotors and sweeping any gas and brake dust that is created away from the rotors. This creates even pad wear also as strange as it may seem. Now drilled and slotted rotors on the other hand I have found aren't as great as they are cracked up to be. I've owned some and where they drill the holes small cracks can develop and spread outward creating the possibility of rotor fracture. Good for track and that's about it in my opinion. Slotted are the way to go for just about anything If you would like an extra edge in street driving and some autocross /track driving![ridinghorse]

Drilled rotors are a problem if the holes are truly drilled or machined. The holes need to be part of the casting. I understand the purpose of holes or slots. You do want to keep as much rotor mass as possible to dissipate heat. For that reason slots are better. Glad to hear that you haven't seen increased pad ware