Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car only blows hot air.

So yesterday my fiesta started blowing only hot air. Doesn't matter if i turn the temp all the way down to 60, or turn on the AC, no variation just hot air. I don't use the auto climate control. (that didn't change anything either). All vents work fine i don't have nay clicking or anything from the blend actuator. Got underneath it i'm not leaking any fluids anywhere. I can here the AC compressor come on if i turn on the AC. Just plain hot air. I'm open to any suggestions. Anyone ever have this issue? [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION]tech

Interesting, I've never heard of one only blowing hot air. There is a GSB for the climate control only blowing hot when switched to HI heat (which I had). The fix for that is to get your HVAC module replaced (which I also did). I would take it into your local Ford dealership and have them trouble shoot it.

Happened to me after I replaced the OEM IC with aftermarket. I accidentally disconnected the temperature sensor near the crash bar at the front of the car behind the grill area. When I was changing out my intercooler again I discovered my error reconnected the sensor and have not had an issue since.

I should have known it was the temperature sensor because the temperature gauge on my Dash stops displaying information.

I don't know if this was your issue but perhaps this is helpful.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
Bames_207
Thread Starter #4
I haven't had any issues like that. The intercooler has been changed out since September, just started happening Monday. Digital display and everything is fine. All controls work no problem. Just straight hot air no varying temp.

So yesterday my fiesta started blowing only hot air. Doesn't matter if i turn the temp all the way down to 60, or turn on the AC, no variation just hot air. I don't use the auto climate control. (that didn't change anything either). All vents work fine i don't have nay clicking or anything from the blend actuator. Got underneath it i'm not leaking any fluids anywhere. I can here the AC compressor come on if i turn on the AC. Just plain hot air. I'm open to any suggestions. Anyone ever have this issue? [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION]tech
Mine just started with this issue tonight, any resolution found for this yet?

OP
Bames_207
Thread Starter #6
Mine just started with this issue tonight, any resolution found for this yet?
I wish I could say I figured out the issue. But after 4-5 days of switching from the low temp setting to the high everything just randomly started working correctly. All I did was just switch it back and forth and it came out of it. Haven't had an issue since. I hope it comes around for yours. Let me know how it goes. Jealous of you fifteen 52's by the way.

I wish I could say I figured out the issue. But after 4-5 days of switching from the low temp setting to the high everything just randomly started working correctly. All I did was just switch it back and forth and it came out of it. Haven't had an issue since. I hope it comes around for yours. Let me know how it goes. Jealous of you fifteen 52's by the way.
Oh damn alright, yeah I was going to give it at least a day before I bothered going to the dealer. Hopefully it resolves itself. And thank you ???? Love them (sadly have to get repowdered coated because the company they have do them sucks badly!) but still nice wheels

OP
Bames_207
Thread Starter #8
Oh damn alright, yeah I was going to give it at least a day before I bothered going to the dealer. Hopefully it resolves itself. And thank you ???? Love them (sadly have to get repowdered coated because the company they have do them sucks badly!) but still nice wheels
This is the third time I've heard of it, A guy on one of the Facebook fiesta groups had the same issue and in few days his just came out of it as well. Its an interesting issue. I hope it sorts itself out for you as well.

OP
Bames_207
Thread Starter #9
Any luck with yours coming out of it? Or did you bring it in?

Mines been doing this off and on for a couple months (ONLY blowing heat in any setting), usually working it's way out of it after a day or two.........but it's been blowing heat constantly now for 2+ weeks and with the weather warming up I don't feel like waiting for it to come around. I'll see what the service techs say when I take it in on tuesday. I haven't been doing any work on the car around the IC so I don't see an accidental removal of a temp sensor or anything.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I had this happen to me the other day after cleaning my intake filter. I unplugged the MAF which also does some sort of temp sensing. On the dash the temp was correct but when I checked on my AP one read -40F. On the street it was hardly moving but I had to pick the wife up at work about 20miles on the highway and then noticed it go up quicker doing +70mph. The ambient temp was around 70F and once the AP reading got close it began to blow cold air.

Hey guys. My car came without AC. It was broken from the start. Took it in and they found that there was a freon leak from one of the hoses. Double check all your hoses to make sure they're in order. Had the HVAC door replaced as well. I'm getting nervous having problems already....

Your AC compressor might be blown. this happened to me the day after i picked up my car with 20 miles. they replaced it no charge no problem obviously. but that's what happened, and that's what the problem was.

Mine died before 7k miles I think. Will have to look through the forum later to verify.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

+1 on this issue, bumping this from the dead

Mine started with it 2k miles outside the basic warranty. Air only blows cold on LO. Every temp above is hot, no difference if I use auto. No intercooler or recent mods besides RMM and BOV adaptor

jeff

2000 Post Club
My AC was temperamental, it didn't work above about 85 degrees out it seemed. At 6k I took it in and they replaced the compressor. It works better now, but I've noticed that it's finicky depending on where I have the settings and whether or not the A/C button is depressed which activates the compressor. If I don't do it just right, it won't cool. I've figured out that if I just leave the compressor on always it seems to work always. In other words, don't push that button or it gets confused once you try to re-activate the compressor.

Kinda sucks but I've got it working when I want. This should not be the case but I don't want to leave my car with the dealer again for xxxxx days and have someone who doesn't give a rip working on my car.

F.O.R.D. makes great cars, but this crap is bothersome.

lucky 123

Hi Guys, I also have a similar issue. AC works fine more or less. Then I start a car, and it blows hot air - super hot, while AC shows being on and knob is in cold position. I turn off AC and turn it on again, problem fixed - cold air again. Almost like the actuator for some reason is stuck on hot air, even though the setting is on cold. It happens to me when I start the car with AC being on. I suspect that the actuator responsible for the temperature fluctuates at the start on its own and sometimes gets stuck? I don't hear any clicking sound though...