Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering

Ok, I'll do my best to explain this... I've had my Fiesta for a week now and replaced the tires this weekend. Even prior to that I had this issue.

Is this torque steer or something more serious? When I accelerate harder, the steering wheel gets squirrelly. Kind of jumps around. The alignment was checked and is fine, and as I said it has new tires. Now, I've never had a car over 150hp so is that the issue? It's not a huge deal but want to make sure there isn't something more at play here. The car has 47k miles.

Ok, I'll do my best to explain this... I've had my Fiesta for a week now and replaced the tires this weekend. Even prior to that I had this issue.

Is this torque steer or something more serious? When I accelerate harder, the steering wheel gets squirrelly. Kind of jumps around. The alignment was checked and is fine, and as I said it has new tires. Now, I've never had a car over 150hp so is that the issue? It's not a huge deal but want to make sure there isn't something more at play here. The car has 47k miles.
Torque steer.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
With traction control on is the Ecu cutting power? This would happen if a wheel slips. Personially I think it's more the rmm as with the stock the wheels easily kick up when trying to get power to the ground. There are a few videos about the affect kicking around.

After replacing my factory RMM with a new one from cp-e, I haven't noticed any decrease in T-S. It's never been bad IMO. Yeah it's there, but no more worse than what you have to do with the steering wheel on a high HP RWD.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've never heard it claimed that the aftermarket RMMs reduced torque steer at all, wheel hop yes, but not torque steer. [dunno]

OP
Z
Thread Starter #10
Is the RMM a pretty easy install I could do without a lift and with hand tools?

OP
Z
Thread Starter #16
Lift = 2 post or 4 post and the really big single post lifts [emoji106]
Oh ok so you do. Good, just making sure because your comment was odd. I never implied I didn't want to jack the car up. I just don't own a hydraulic (or otherwise) lift. Fun fact I almost worked at Bendpack/Ranger about 8 years ago.

Oh ok so you do. Good, just making sure because your comment was odd. I never implied I didn't want to jack the car up. I just don't own a hydraulic (or otherwise) lift. Fun fact I almost worked at Bendpack/Ranger about 8 years ago.
Yeah, I was around when lifts were invented.