Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4x100 Conversion?

I know we have been down this road already on here, but Im not seeing the gentlemen that used to do this. Is anyone on the site capable of doing this for a fair price? Or should I resort to looking locally for a machine shop willing to take this on? Im located in Metro Detroit...

His username here is Gun_Runner. I bought a set of steering rack bushings from him a week or two ago, so he's still active even if he doesn't show as a Sponsor.

Hey Chaos,

If you're still looking for a set and can afford to wait a week or two, I have one that I never ended up using. Drilled out in the 4x100 pattern by AlexTheMachinist back in May, the set includes motorcraft brand rotors, hubs, and studs.

I'm in Louisville right now but may end up back in Detroit next weekend or the one after next. Could save you shipping costs if we meet up locally as these buggers are heavy.

PM me if you're interested!
Thanks

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
Hey Chaos,

If you're still looking for a set and can afford to wait a week or two, I have one that I never ended up using. Drilled out in the 4x100 pattern by AlexTheMachinist back in May, the set includes motorcraft brand rotors, hubs, and studs.

I'm in Louisville right now but may end up back in Detroit next weekend or the one after next. Could save you shipping costs if we meet up locally as these buggers are heavy.

PM me if you're interested!
Thanks
We talking the entire set of 4? They may come in really helpful. Sourcing good wheels for this car is a nightmare.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
What about converting to 5 lug? This car begs for a brake upgrade...
To be honest for a car that doesnt weight all that much the brakes I find to be really impressive. Now seeing that mine needs them redone because a shop put fresh rotors on with old pads broke them in then switched them, I get a lil steering wobble under heavy braking. But they are still great overall. 5 Lug would just look more serious like a race application. Which always looks better with 5 than 4.

My biggest reason for a 5 lug conversion is fitting wheels from the brands I want. I haven't found many fitments for 4x108 bolt pattern. I really want some method race wheels but they only make them in 15x7.5 to fit the car and I'm not sure that I want to go that small.

I'm 90% sure there's not enough room on the hub to drill anything 5 lug other than 5x108. 5x108 should work since you'd be able to reuse one of the existing holes. But then again 5x108 isn't a very common bolt pattern either.

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
My biggest reason for a 5 lug conversion is fitting wheels from the brands I want. I haven't found many fitments for 4x108 bolt pattern. I really want some method race wheels but they only make them in 15x7.5 to fit the car and I'm not sure that I want to go that small.
Totally understand where you are coming from. Ive gone back and forth in my head over an over about Enkei wheels or Kosei an 35mm offsets. But Im starting to feel like I should come to terms with the stock bolt pattern. IDK. Its tough because we all want to be unique, haha. Im more about function though. Lightweight and more tire. Michigan roads arent friendly to thin tires and suspension bits.