Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil/grease residue near transmission/mount

R2D2ST

Went to change my oil today, 2016 ST, and came across some oil or grease build up on the bottom side of the transmission near the mount. Any idea what it could be? It will be going to the dealer soon but I don't trust the dealer so I thought I'd ask here first.

OP
R

R2D2ST

Thread Starter #5
Took it to Ford service today. I get a call back saying the underside of the car is clean as a bone. I say BS I'll be right there. Get there and have them put the car back on the lift and point out the OBVIOUS oil stain. Tech says "I cant warranty that because it's not actively leaking or dripping". I say well something obviously failed as that oil residue should not be there and if I go look underneath a Fist on the lot I guarantee it won't have that oil residue. He just reiterates that he can't warranty it. So after some back and forth we came to the conclusion that he's to clean it off, which he did, and if it's there again on my next oil change thats proof enough for Ford to fix it. Disappointed with this purchase to say the least.

Chris G

If it makes you feel any better, mine has been like that for almost 3 years now and no issues. I've never seen it drip... just the residue.