Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1200
130 Likes

Thread: Fiesta ST Exhaust Thread

Senior Member 695 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymie View Post
    What the general consensus about the Borla?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I definitely would have considered it IF they offered it in a 3" version.

There are a few on here with it installed, hopefully they will chime in to this thread.

It is the same as (IS) the Ford Performance system, only with the Borla logo reliefs on parts of it.

My son is going with the Borla cat back on his EcoBoost Stang in the spring, as he likes it's sound over all else out there for those cars.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 279 Rep Points pelotonracer2's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    NRH
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    I definitely would have considered it IF they offered it in a 3" version.

There are a few on here with it installed, hopefully they will chime in to this thread.

It is the same as (IS) the Ford Performance system, only with the Borla logo reliefs on parts of it.

My son is going with the Borla cat back on his EcoBoost Stang in the spring, as he likes it's sound over all else out there for those cars.
    Having run both a 3" and now a 2.5" exhaust systems, I can tell you that unless you are making over 400whp it makes no difference at all. I changed out the 3" Scorpion Stinger exhaust system and went with Cobb recently. I was hoping the Cobb would be louder and or more "poppy" <laughs> because it doesn't have a resonator, but it's really quiet on my car. I've actually grown to like it.... it will be more stealthy once I get the X47 installed on Thursday. The only fault of the Scorpion system is that the tips didn't extend out enough (made for UK cars with shorter bumpers) and I ended up melting part of my rear valence lol. The Cobb is also 22-23 pounds lighter, so in the last 2 weeks I've shaved a total of 35 pounds from my car (wheels are 12 pounds lighter than my SE-16s)
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta ST: Cobb AccessPort V3, Tune+ 93/E30 maps, Cobb exhaust, Cobb DP, Cobb I/C, Cobb charge pipes, Cobb intake, NGK spark plugs, FSWERKs qs kit, Cobb RMM, Cobb springs, Cobb roll bars, 17 x 8 ROTA Titan wheels, 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza ZII, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors, gel Ford badges, Mustang GT shift knob, EcoBeast badge, Maxton Design hood vents, wing extension, side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters, euro headlights w/LEDs, Sylvania ZXE bulbs H7s, Velossa big mouth and rear diffusers

Senior Member 695 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pelotonracer2 View Post
    Having run both a 3" and now a 2.5" exhaust systems, I can tell you that unless you are making over 400whp it makes no difference at all.
    GIVEN, but I wanted a system with a BIG difference from factory diameter, and which would cover me, just in case I ever went crazy with an insanely huge BT kit in the future, without having to change exhausts yet again.
    (Some on here {and in the 4th gen f body world as well} change systems as often as I change socks, something I CANNOT afford to do!!)

Besides, isn't the Borla/FP system we are speaking of 2.25" in diameter, not that it matters below 300+ to the wheels anyway?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 33 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Suburbs
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the stock exhaust dimensions out of the muffler? I've heard the stock exhaust is 2.17" or 2.25" but the Borla and FRPP neck down to 2" out of the muffler. I don't mind 2.25" but I wouldn't want to go smaller than stock. I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What does the stock exhaust weigh?
    2015 OW Fiesta ST2
    Intake - CP-E
    Intercooler/Piping - CP-E FMIC; MBRP hot side charge pipe
    Tune - Stratified; 93 and E30
    Aesthetics - 35% tint; no-pistons dead pedal; all weather mats, XPEL clear-bra; TFB badge overlays; carbon-fiber plates; Mountune splitter

Member 118 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Saltville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Does anyone know the stock exhaust dimensions out of the muffler? I've heard the stock exhaust is 2.17" or 2.25" but the Borla and FRPP neck down to 2" out of the muffler. I don't mind 2.25" but I wouldn't want to go smaller than stock. I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What does the stock exhaust weigh?
    I can't comment what the stock exhaust weighs but I saved roughly 20 lbs just by deleting the resonator and muffler alone. It was actually 24-25 for those two combined but a little weight goes back in with the straight pipes that were welded in so I estimate close to 20ish. Stock muffler was 17 lbs and the resonator was 7-8 lbs.

*edit*
    I agree with the ones saying diameter don't matter below 300-400 whp that's why I just spent 110 on deleting my muffler and resonator. I was able to save 20 lbs approx and also get what I think is a pretty good sound for far cheaper than any of these catback and it gave me about the same amount of power (0) lol. Even when I go x47 I think I'll go catless dp and just leave my catback like it is right now. I actually think it sounds good and catless will make it better. It'll be loud but I'm used to loud coming from several catless mustangs with high flow mufflers. If it becomes to raspy once catless simply add in a Borla muffler...done...lol

New Member 13 Rep Points FiSTin's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Indianapolis
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had Five exhaust set ups on my car. First Stock DP with no resonator. This was very quiet almost stock sounding. Second stock DP with a straight pipe, this was my favorite. It was loud but very livable with some nice crackles. Third was a Cobb DP and straight pipe, lest favorite. This was loud and very raspy and I am a guy that likes loud but I just couldn't do it, the drone was BAD! Fourth was a Cobb DP and Cobb cat back, it was a deep sound with some pops. I liked it but one of my hangers broke on the muffler melting my defuser. Also the tips got VERY hot and burned my wife two times. Fifth was the Cobb DP and the MBRP cat back. I still have this on the car now and it is my second favorite for sound but number one for performance. It is deep, has more crackles than the cobb and does not get hot. Hope this helps people find the right one for them.

Member 21 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still very very tossed up between cp-e and thermal but leaning towards cp-e.
    There's drone and there's no drone on the cp-e depending on opinion. I wish there was a catless dp cp-e system near me to hear lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Anchorage
    State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnockOff View Post
    I'm still very very tossed up between cp-e and thermal but leaning towards cp-e.
    There's drone and there's no drone on the cp-e depending on opinion. I wish there was a catless dp cp-e system near me to hear lol.

Same boat as you. I just feel like cp-e sounds amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Member 21 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXACTLY!!

New Member 9 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Laguna beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just want my fiesta to sound like my abarth

Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast