Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CanadianST

Injen has released their exhaust! Still no sound clips but horsepower direct is selling them for around $630 shipped. Might have to pick this up in the next few days. Not a huge fan of the single outlet but the pic looks like a pre production piece, hopefully they did something to it for the production one.

Attachments

^the fost stock tip is to big but maybe a smaller version? This tip I used if you want any clearance for movement is just about the biggest that will fit at 5.5"x3"

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Any dual tip is going to add some restriction, back pressure, turbulence, whatever....if in the tip, muffler, I have a dual outlet muffler here that has a horrible design for exhaust flow but had to look in with a flashlight to see it.

I really like the dual tip look but not the restriction so went with the same Vibrant tip I had a pair of on my C5 race car, just because I wanted it to look better and not be restrictive.

It matches the Ford oval very well, much better than the pictures shows. I will cut off the rolled in part so less restriction, cut the input to make it fit the 3" muffler outlet and weld it on.

It also weighs less than a dual tip, weight is THE mortal enemy of all things in real performance, sometimes we have to add some to maintain balance due to rules, allowances, etc but always, always, always, should be the top priority.

CanadianST

Got news from horsepower direct that the Injen unit has been delayed for a change in tips so no new exhaust for me yet. Excited to see what they come out with!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I got the tip in, cut off the rolled over end and might make the angle a bit sharper to match the car better, started cutting the input side to slip over the 3" muffler outlet but was tired so I quite. It is very light and will look great I believe and as mentioned flow better than any dual tip can and I think it is going to look great:)

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm seriously considering the Cobb DP and Exhaust now that it's available. Seems to be a good price for the pair at $1195.

I also like the fact that the DP is 3" until the smooth transition in the flex section down to 2.5" and then the rest of the exhaust is 2.5". I don't ever plan to upgrade to a huge turbo, so 2.5" is plenty for the amount of air I'll be pushing.

I had previously been considering the CP-E 3" downpipe but didn't like how there would be a "wall" where the DP necks down at the gasket to whatever size the exhaust would be. IMO 3" is a bit of overkill for our tiny 1.6l engine.

CanadianST

I'm seriously considering the Cobb DP and Exhaust now that it's available. Seems to be a good price for the pair at $1195.

I also like the fact that the DP is 3" until the smooth transition in the flex section down to 2.5" and then the rest of the exhaust is 2.5". I don't ever plan to upgrade to a huge turbo, so 2.5" is plenty for the amount of air I'll be pushing.

I had previously been considering the CP-E 3" downpipe but didn't like how there would be a "wall" where the DP necks down at the gasket to whatever size the exhaust would be. IMO 3" is a bit of overkill for our tiny 1.6l engine.
I couldn't wait any longer and ordered the COBB with their downpipe, very excited for it to get here

iso100

1000 Post Club
I might have to do the same. Are you going to install it yourself or will you have a shop do it?

Like some others on this thread, narrowed down to either the 2JR combo (catted) DP w/their CBE, or the 2JR DP w/FSW CBE. Like to hear from any that have one or the other setups - any opinions at all would be appreciated.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Like some others on this thread, narrowed down to either the 2JR combo (catted) DP w/their CBE, or the 2JR DP w/FSW CBE. Like to hear from any that have one or the other setups - any opinions at all would be appreciated.
I should receive my CBE on Monday. Wednesday, I'll be mating it to my already installed 2JR catted DP.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Oh, BTW... The 2JR and Cobb CBE mate up perfectly. If anyone goes this route start from the DP first and work your way down. Both 2JR and Cobb have similar DP designs so the it sounds exactly like Cobbs video.