Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I'm running the PLM catless DP with the CP-E catback and it sounds exactly like that car.
How would u describe the sound? From your setup? When does it get loud? How loud is it on cold start? Does it sound good on over run? Etc

It's quiet at idle. You can hear it on cold start, but it's not "loud" or obnoxious...it sounds really good. It's only loud when I'm above 50% throttle. Only time it sounds like shit and drones is when I let off the throttle after a WOT pull. It's very quiet when cruising / part throttle.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It's quiet at idle. You can hear it on cold start, but it's not "loud" or obnoxious...it sounds really good. It's only loud when I'm above 50% throttle. Only time it sounds like shit and drones is when I let off the throttle after a WOT pull. It's very quiet when cruising / part throttle.
Thanks for all the feed back! A lot of backfire or? And also can u hear the turbo spooling?

No problem. You can hear it spool, but it's subtle...much more obvious through the intake. I get a good loud backfire when I let off or downshift after a WOT pull, and lots of smaller backfires / burbles during part throttle driving. The car is 10x more fun to drive than it was stock, and that's saying a lot!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
No problem. You can hear it spool, but it's subtle...much more obvious through the intake. I get a good loud backfire when I let off or downshift after a WOT pull, and lots of smaller backfires / burbles during part throttle driving. The car is 10x more fun to drive than it was stock, and that's saying a lot!

I have a muffler delete atm and it rarely backfires and I can hear a nice spool with the strat tune not the OTS map, I just want a more linear sound. My setup comes on strong from 2700-3800 then it gets pretty hush hush as the rpms climb. I liked the video Mitch posted but it was way to short. Seen some other videos but screeching tires don't allow for the exhaust to come thru, but if yours sounds exactly like that video then I would consider getting it as all the other CBE's are way to quiet

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Like This Post Yes
Got my Cpe Catback installed , here are my thoughts this far

Quality: yes, I have never seen better workmanship and I have modified many cars ( RX8 G35 etc)
The tips are the best looking imo, they look just right and almost as if they belong on the car.

Sound: okay, before anyone bites my head off, this is my personal opinion and mines alone.
It's does not back fire, yea if I shift down and it's coming at around 5k, sure.
It's quiet (I have a downpipe) like really quiet, almost feels like I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.
And that sucks tbh, spending this kind of money (see CAD exchange rate-_- )

I was expecting it to sound throaty and aggressive and to hear pops and gurgles. If it is doing its very
Quiet, and that's sucks!

It's an amazing looking piece but look else where if you want aggressive or loud-ish

haste

1000 Post Club
Odd you say that about the sound on the CP-E. I have full turbo back catless CP-E and it's definitely loud and aggressive!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Like This Post Yes

Quality: yes, I have never seen better workmanship and I have modified many cars ( RX8 G35 etc)
The tips are the best looking imo, they look just right and almost as if they belong on the car.

Sound: okay, before anyone bites my head off, this is my personal opinion and mines alone.
It's does not back fire, yea if I shift down and it's coming at around 5k, sure.
It's quiet (I have a downpipe) like really quiet, almost feels like I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.

I was expecting it to sound throaty and aggressive and to hear pops and gurgles. If it is doing its very
Quiet, and that's sucks!

It's an amazing looking piece but look else where if you want aggressive or loud-ish
Sell your catback and get it straight Piped after the cat. That'll make it loud!

MS67

He had a muffler delete before. I said in my previous posts it's a quiet exhaust under 50% throttle...and it is loud above that. Not sure how loud you'd expect it to be but the small turbo definitely quiets things down a bit so it can only go so far.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Odd you say that about the sound on the CP-E. I have full turbo back catless CP-E and it's definitely loud and aggressive!
Yeah I mean, idk if my downpipe being 2.5@ the lower flange has anything to do with it, ive seen your fly by video and it's sounds fantastic, maybe it's because you have the bigger manifold? Idk I mean it sounds nothing loke Mitch's car or Bryan Davis's

Like This Post Yes

Quiet, and that's sucks!

My CP-E (stock tune) definitely backfires, has gurgles, etc -- and I'm on the stock downpipe.
It's not loud (compared to my other car) -- but it also doesn't drone, doesn't bother me or anything - It's great sound for a stock downpipe.
It's audible and i can't wait to add a downpipe.. but that's a ways off since this car isn't modded as often lol

The tsudo cat back will be roughly available in 3 weeks, I emailed them today asking...the video on YouTube sounds pretty damn good and for $380 shipped I believe is amazing, the single too actually looks good I may go that route