Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Cool video. Is it just me or are the 'interior' sounds of the aftermarket versions turned down/edited? Cause in the stock 'interior' you can hear the gear change clunks, and in the other two it sounds really muted...

nm Colin1337 posted same...
That is about 9,000,000 times better sounding then the other video, still not a fan of that single tip though.
And the last 2 in car audio clips seem doctored or something, almost to quiet.
Yes it was like the Camcorder had a mute on the sound on the last 2 inside shots .. weird..

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Yes it was like the Camcorder had a mute on the sound on the last 2 inside shots .. weird..
After the lashing they received over the first video, it doesn't surprise me that they are trying to please everyone. Makes you wonder if anything else has been touched up...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
They should have just left the last part out...way too obvious it was edited or purposely muffled.

Installed a Milltek non resonator exhaust. Love the sound from behind the carl. A video of the first start is posted on YouTube. The sound inside is not much louder than stock. Though, with a few miles, it seems to be "loosing up".

XuperXero

Is it possible to also include pipe diameter, total weight of system and performance claims over stock in the first post?

I want to see a stock exhaust with a resonator delete. A buddy of mine did that to his FoST and it sounds great. Barely louder than stock and it adds a nice low burble.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I want to see a stock exhaust with a resonator delete. A buddy of mine did that to his FoST and it sounds great. Barely louder than stock and it adds a nice low burble.
Theres one on YouTube. Dont like the sound tho.

Looks pretty good, aluminized piping is why it's a decent price. That's the same type of piping that my local Meineke uses. Since I'm fortunate enough to have a Meineke with a Nationally recognized pipe bender I will probably still go that route. This guy is awesome, every custom exhaust he's done for me over the years has been top notch and exactly what I want.

I'm going to go with a 2.5" custom cat back $200-$250, to a #12226 Magnaflow 2.5" offset inlet 2.5" center outlet $85. Then to these tips $55

Attachments

CanadianST

I like the FSWERKS exhaust the most so far but am going to hold out and see what COBB and Injen come out with first. Have an Injen on my Mazda6 V6 and absolutely love it.

while a 3" DP back exhaust certainly wont hurt (except in the weight department)... I'm not entirely convinced going beyond 2.5" is necessary on this car.

I do think a 3" downpipe IS valuble though as it will give you quicker spool.

Every car is different and will react differently to different mods. But, here is why I dont think you really NEED a full 3" system.

My previous car, a 2.3L duratec Cosworth/FSWERKS built turbo ZX3. Everyone was running the FSWERKS 2.5" exhaust system and getting good #'s. I wanted BIGGER #'s and had a custom full 3" mandrel bent system built. Drove the car down to see Vic & Randy in CA to have them work their tuning magic on it. On a car that pushed ALOT more air than our little 1.6L, it produced no more power than the 2.5" equiped cars. The car wasn't slow at all, 312WHP. But, afterall it didn't NEED that extra big piping.

Unless, I see something otherwise on these cars, I'll likely run someone's 3" race downpipe and then an FSWERKS 2.5 inch "catback". If it's too loud, Ill add a straight through resonator like their old "stealth" offerings.

Depends on how far you are going to push it. In tests in the UK , they gained alot more with a full 3" over a 2.5". If you are planning on stage 2, go 3". I had a custom built 3" made, gained 8 wkw and 20 NM atw overall, BUT, 10wkw and 50NM atw at 2500 RPM. This is with a stock tune. Being stainless steel, it's also quite a bit lighter than the OEM exhaust.

I havent seen any test from the UK where they built a 2.5" system then tried a 3" system afterwards. They all just built 3" systems from the get go which of course that gives them "better results".

The stock turbo just doesnt push that much air.