Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Doesn't the injen exhaust have a 2.5 inch connection at the flange? I think they have to be modified to be a true 3 inch. It's fairly cheap to have a shop do it if a true 3 inch is important to you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Soo before I pull the trigger I'd like to see my other options.
I originally fell in love with the Injen exhaust, but now seeing other better quality videos coming up, the Cobb 2.5" cat back is not bad at all.
Generally I want a full 3". I Was planning on getting the Whoosh 3" catless DP. If I did a custom 3" cat back it sound like a flying lawnmower level of rice (another FiST near me has done this. No I am not over exaggerating at all). I'd like a throaty and not too ricey sounding. But not stock sounding. Like if I'm gonna pay the $500+ for an exhaust I'm gonna freaking love it and it's going to piss off everyone I drive by without it sounding like $50 one I can get off eBay

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Cp-e and thermal with an extra adapter are full 3 inch systems. Everyone raves about the thermal s ystem. Check that one out.

AzNightmare

Soo before I pull the trigger I'd like to see my other options.
I originally fell in love with the Injen exhaust, but now seeing other better quality videos coming up, the Cobb 2.5" cat back is not bad at all.
Generally I want a full 3". I Was planning on getting the Whoosh 3" catless DP. If I did a custom 3" cat back it sound like a flying lawnmower level of rice (another FiST near me has done this. No I am not over exaggerating at all). I'd like a throaty and not too ricey sounding. But not stock sounding. Like if I'm gonna pay the $500+ for an exhaust I'm gonna freaking love it and it's going to piss off everyone I drive by without it sounding like $50 one I can get off eBay
COBB is pretty "Adult". You're not gonna impress anyone on start up... not even on cold start. lol
It's throatier than stock, but fairly tame until you get into boost. Not a bad thing though if you're interested in something that doesn't make you sound like a ricer if you're just trying to find a spot in a parking lot. You can hear it only when you're actually trying to get on it.

There's no right answer, but just up to your preference. Many people love having the loudest exhaust that can trigger off car alarms. lol

COBB is pretty "Adult". You're not gonna impress anyone on start up... not even on cold start. lol
It's throatier than stock, but fairly tame until you get into boost. Not a bad thing though if you're interested in something that doesn't make you sound like a ricer if you're just trying to find a spot in a parking lot. You can hear it only when you're actually trying to get on it.

There's no right answer, but just up to your preference. Many people love having the loudest exhaust that can trigger off car alarms. lol
Lol, I completely agree with cobb being a toned down version. I actually really like the Thermal R&D, and the CP-E exhausts Knockoff mentioned above your comment.
Loudness isn't really a huge factor, but like I said, if I am spending the money for a legit exhaust, I am going to be able to hear it lol. Don't need it to set off car alarms, just to show I am not some stock little grey hatch... and to scare off the pesky integras when I am actually just trying to drive somewhere (I swear, it never fails, whenever I am on the highway just cruising the speed limit, instead of my normal 5 or so over, they flock like flies to s***).

I am unsure if the Thermal R&D is ricey as I can't find too many quality videos from the angles I want, or the ones I do find, they're muffled or filmed with actual potatoes.
For the CP-E, I don't know if I like it more or the same as the Thermal R&D lol!

Essentially, I want cold starts to be noticable but not wake my neigherbors. Low revs would still turn heads, and when I got on it, you would definetly know it. But, it is hard to get that without being ricey, especially for us only having a 4banger... However, with the Whoosh catless DP I am assuming this will add a partially throatier tone.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My cp-e with a catless downpipe is to me anyway still kinda quite till you lay into it. Noticeable on start up for sure. Short revs and you can hear the turbo whistle and then it burbles back down to idle. My favorite part of it is the little burp it does in between shifts in normal driving. When you get on it it sounds nothing like rice to me. Nice and deep. Makes it sound bigger than a 1.6 lol. In my opinion these cars need to be heard a bit. It fits its personality. Wife likes it and that says something. She has always been honest with me about my different exhausts on different cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My CP-E nexus with a factory down pipe is quite 'noticeable' on cold start (especially in the Arctic freezes of late here), but the idle does quiet down a bit once fully warm.

It WILL 'bark' when tipping into the throttle if the revs are high enough, but mine will not pop, or even burp between shifts on the factory tune, but it WILL burble and softly pop on throttle closure/backoff if coming down from high revs in a lower gear.

I cannot hear ANY turbo noises/whistles/BPV DV sounds AT ALL under ANY circumstances on mine, but then I still have that factory downpipe, air box, and THICK paper filter, AND 63 year old, destroyed higher frequency hearing, so your results may vary. ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yea I can hear a little bit of the bpv when shifting or revving.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Lol, I completely agree with cobb being a toned down version. I actually really like the Thermal R&D, and the CP-E exhausts Knockoff mentioned above your comment.
Loudness isn't really a huge factor, but like I said, if I am spending the money for a legit exhaust, I am going to be able to hear it lol. Don't need it to set off car alarms, just to show I am not some stock little grey hatch... and to scare off the pesky integras when I am actually just trying to drive somewhere (I swear, it never fails, whenever I am on the highway just cruising the speed limit, instead of my normal 5 or so over, they flock like flies to s***).

I am unsure if the Thermal R&D is ricey as I can't find too many quality videos from the angles I want, or the ones I do find, they're muffled or filmed with actual potatoes.
For the CP-E, I don't know if I like it more or the same as the Thermal R&D lol!

Essentially, I want cold starts to be noticable but not wake my neigherbors. Low revs would still turn heads, and when I got on it, you would definetly know it. But, it is hard to get that without being ricey, especially for us only having a 4banger... However, with the Whoosh catless DP I am assuming this will add a partially throatier tone.
The Thermal R&D is definitely on the completely opposite side of being ricey. My dad thought the same when I told him I got an exhaust and he said he liked that it didn't sound farty like a Civic or raspy.

It has a nice tone and is very composed. No rasp, drone, and nice deep tone.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Thermal R&D is definitely on the completely opposite side of being ricey. My dad thought the same when I told him I got an exhaust and he said he liked that it didn't sound farty like a Civic or raspy.

Right now, the thermal is the ONLY system I would swap my CP-E Nexus out for, if I had the coin, or someone wanted to swap systems. ;) [thumb]

What type of down pipe are you running?

I may end up with the same set up. The cat should tone any raspiness. At least it did with my mustang. I had a bbk catted x-pipe I put on for inspections and put my "off-road" catless x-pipe back on as soon I got back home. I like the rasp on that car. I want to avoid rasp or "ricey" sound of my dd fist. Anyone running a catless 3" down pipe with thermal r&d catback?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Unless you 'know someone', or work in a private shop yourself, you can be (and probably will be) failed during the on the lift visual for a catcon-less down pipe in Pennsyltuckey. :(

Our down pipes are MUCH MORE of a PIA to be changing out twice a year, like you did for the pony, IF that was your plan.

I think I "know a guy" so it may end up being more about the sound when I decide which way to go. Definitely dont wanna swap pipes just for inspection on this car.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Unless you 'know someone', or work in a private shop yourself, you can be (and probably will be) failed during the on the lift visual for a catcon-less down pipe in Pennsyltuckey. :(

Our down pipes are MUCH MORE of a PIA to be changing out twice a year, like you did for the pony, IF that was your plan.
Twice a year? You mean every 2 years right?