Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is made from the metal scraped off of wolverines bones, hand polished using baby seal skin and wiped off with the tears of a virgin.
^^^[histerical]

Yup, that there adamantium is some precious and rare stuff, and makes Inconel seem like a run of the mill, cheap, fragile material. LOL

Last edited:
Our inspections are EVERY SINGLE YEAR here in the Keystone State (even on a ONE YEAR OLD from factory NEW car!!), and we ourselves FULLY pay for the draconian privatized inspection AND registration fees EVERY YEAR. [mad]

The 'twice' thing is swapping out the illegal pipe for the legal one for the inspection, and then swapping back in the illegal one. ;)

The state also mandates that the car MUST BE lifted up and inspected for all emissions equipment, and that at least two diagonally opposing wheels be removed and pads/axle seals be inspected, regardless of miles on the car.
Then the car must be test driven by one of the 'techs', and it is up to the shop's policies/discretion (and liability insurance I am guessing) as to whether or not the customer can ride along for this 'test drive'. [rant]
I feel ya, it certainly sucks. I'm lucky enough to live in an emission exempt county so at least I have that going for me. Could be worse though, some states require you to pay a yearly tax on your vehicle, that to me makes me okay with the process here in PA

Just wanted to bring up a question about straight piping my 2015 FiSt. I am going more for performance than sound butbwhat would be a good exhaust diameter for best flow? Thanks

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If you are sticking wirh the stock turbo stock size flows well enough especially if you straight pipe it. I have dreams of an mrx turbo so I went 3 inch turbo back. Any turbo upgrade will require at least a 2.5 for maximum powa. Btw most think a straight pipe fist sounds like dog crap. I don't think it sounds THAT bad but thats me. Check out some YouTube vids.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ive checked out some YouTube videos and I like them. I would like to hear one in person to actually confirm if I like it or not. And do plan to upgrade the turbo. Thanks

If you are sticking wirh the stock turbo stock size flows well enough especially if you straight pipe it. I have dreams of an mrx turbo so I went 3 inch turbo back. Any turbo upgrade will require at least a 2.5 for maximum powa. Btw most think a straight pipe fist sounds like dog crap. I don't think it sounds THAT bad but thats me. Check out some YouTube vids.

Also I think they sound similar to the abarth but that’s my opinion.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have a cp-e exhaust and thought about swapping out the res pipe for the straight one to see what is sounds like but cp-e has that stealth pipe thing in the back though.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Fwiw i have a drop in filter, res delete and universal Magnaflow muffler. I can hear the turbo just fine, and so can anyone near me. Best $200 you can spend on exhaust. Loud when you want it to be, and subtle when you're trying to be discrete. I describe it as how it should've sounded stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Ive checked out some YouTube videos and I like them. I would like to hear one in person to actually confirm if I like it or not. And do plan to upgrade the turbo. Thanks
I have a straight piped stock catback. I read somewhere someone swapped from stock catback to an aftermarket one on an x47 setup and saw no gain back to back on the same dyno. I think stock sized catback will probably be fine unless you're over 300 whp. I just had my resonator and muffler deleted. I think it sounds pretty good like that. I probably won't even change it honestly outside of adding a downpipe later when I upgrade the turbo. Where are you located? I paid 110 bucks for my res/muffler delete and that included the price of the 4 inch tip I bought from the exhaust shop. That is chump change compared to most of these catbacks on the market. I may replace it in the future with t304 stainless 2.5-3 inch catback also straight piped but for now what I have is fine with me. It has a very deep and aggressive tone on startup and low rpm and it even sounds pretty good revving out. To each their own though.

*edit*

Here's mine https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a89-xKBO8Zk

I have a straight piped stock catback. I read somewhere someone swapped from stock catback to an aftermarket one on an x47 setup and saw no gain back to back on the same dyno. I think stock sized catback will probably be fine unless you're over 300 whp. I just had my resonator and muffler deleted. I think it sounds pretty good like that. I probably won't even change it honestly outside of adding a downpipe later when I upgrade the turbo. Where are you located? I paid 110 bucks for my res/muffler delete and that included the price of the 4 inch tip I bought from the exhaust shop. That is chump change compared to most of these catbacks on the market. I may replace it in the future with t304 stainless 2.5-3 inch catback also straight piped but for now what I have is fine with me. It has a very deep and aggressive tone on startup and low rpm and it even sounds pretty good revving out. To each their own though.

*edit*

Here's mine https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a89-xKBO8Zk
Im located in Vegas. And damn you got yours for 110. What youre doing is what I had planned initially. Keep stock pipes and cut the res and muffler. Then put a 2.5-3 in back. I’m eventually gonna wanna see over 300hp but that’s the long run, any other turbos out there for the FiSt besides x47? currently running an injen intake and stock everything else. And like I said before I definitely want a good sounding exhaust but I also am looking for performance.

I just watched your video and that’s what I’m going for so everything on yours is two and a quarter back right?¿

LILIKE16ST

Im located in Vegas. And damn you got yours for 110. What youre doing is what I had planned initially. Keep stock pipes and cut the res and muffler. Then put a 2.5-3 in back. I’m eventually gonna wanna see over 300hp but that’s the long run, any other turbos out there for the FiSt besides x47? currently running an injen intake and stock everything else. And like I said before I definitely want a good sounding exhaust but I also am looking for performance.

I just watched your video and that’s what I’m going for so everything on yours is two and a quarter back right?¿
Yes it's stock 2 1/4 piping it's just had the res and muffler cut off and replaced with straight pipe. If you definitely plan on being north of 300 whp in the future and you want to go bigger I'd go ahead and go with a 3 inch just to be safe although 2.5 may be sufficient. Until you get that 300+ the 2 1/4 is sufficient. So for now you may want to find an exhaust shop and do just what I did to tide you over because it definitely sounds good this way (in my opinion).

As for turbos you can go with the x47 hybrid as you know but mountune also has an mrx turbo upgrade which is a decent upgrade especially for the price. Both are capable of similar power outputs but the mrx is a little more linear whereas the x47 has alot of bottom end and falls off towards the top a little more it's all in what you want. Good luck!!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Can you hear the turbo pretty good? I have the res delete pipe and want to see how it sounds with the res in place but I didn't want to do all of the work lol. Do you have a sound clip avalible?
Wife says it sounds like a diesel truck turbo lol. I'll try to get a couple good clips this weekend. Cp-e is pricey but really good quality. I got mine used with the extra non res first pipe. I will never buy another exhaust. This is the 1 for me.

Wife says it sounds like a diesel truck turbo lol. I'll try to get a couple good clips this weekend. Cp-e is pricey but really good quality. I got mine used with the extra non res first pipe. I will never buy another exhaust. This is the 1 for me.

I like it except for cold starts and when the revs start getting up there! But that's with the resonator delete pipe. Idk what it would sound like with the resonator. I love the turbo whistle and don't want to lose it but it is just ridiculously loud for a daily!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I like it except for cold starts and when the revs start getting up there! But that's with the resonator delete pipe. Idk what it would sound like with the resonator. I love the turbo whistle and don't want to lose it but it is just ridiculously loud for a daily!
The resonator is currently on it.