Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
WHEN did turn down tips become "ricey"?! [???:)]

Am I stuck in the mid 2000ndsies thinking that ONLY WAY TOO HUGE for the rest of their 2" diameter systems, 4"+ polished/chrome and/or 'burnt' melon launcher style, straight tips are what is considered 'ricey'??
I do NOT follow import fanboy, JDM YO, or sport compact jive 'trends' so I guess I have no idea. [dunno]

BTW; I did mine SOLELY because I liked that look on the last gen (OURS) MK.7, Fiesta RS WRC, and R5 actual rally cars. [;)]

To each his own, I happen to feel downturned exhaust tips are the most dull stock non performance vehicle look ome could run. I for the life of me in the majority of Sports cars I have been into owned and liked never seen downturned exhaust tips.

Now if you like it fine its neither sporty or ricey IMO. I just had to to get that off my chest as I think our cars with downturned xhaust tips would look terrible.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Again, yes, to each their own, but I did it NOT to look 'sporty', but in tribute to the great rally cars our rides make (and which I know that most on here could care less about, since it's not 'JDM' drifting/'touge', road racing or drag racing). [wink]

I also wanted a more toned down look, hence the black Cerakoting (which also eliminates the constant upkeep/polishing of a polished stainless tip as an added benefit).

It does NOT stand out, unless you look for it, so it would be hard to call it 'ricey'.

THIS is sort of the 'look' I was going for, without the shiny polish;

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.net/sv/1.67/dir/0ae/image/0ae1ce6fc74ba0762aeadd087921c634.jpg

Of course, it looks better than my setup, with the valance cutout shaped to the tip, and the tip tucked up that close. :(

AzNightmare

To each his own... but "Rice" is probably the last thing I would call it.
Downturn pipes are found on many base model cars.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Again, yes, to each their own, but I did it NOT to look 'sporty', but in tribute to the great rally cars our rides make (and which I know that most on here could care less about, since it's not 'JDM' drifting/'touge', road racing or drag racing). [wink]

I also wanted a more toned down look, hence the black Cerakoting (which also eliminates the constant upkeep/polishing of a polished stainless tip as an added benefit).

It does NOT stand out, unless you look for it, so it would be hard to call it 'ricey'.

THIS is sort of the 'look' I was going for, without the shiny polish;

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.net/sv/1.67/dir/0ae/image/0ae1ce6fc74ba0762aeadd087921c634.jpg

Of course, it looks better than my setup, with the valance cutout shaped to the tip, and the tip tucked up that close. :(
I don’t think the downturn tipped looks ricey. On the Rally car it looks intresting on most street cars its looks decidedly non performance stock. I personally feel my car is a performance car and should look performance oriented. Its a factory sports car. Let it be it. IMO

Today, I had the willingness to buy the FSWERKS exhaust, but the shipping cost stop me. $61 USD to Florida. Does anyone know where will be next “sale” or free shipping event? 4th of July? Maybe?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Today, I had the willingness to buy the FSWERKS exhaust, but the shipping cost stop me. $61 USD to Florida. Does anyone know where will be next “sale” or free shipping event? 4th of July? Maybe?

Search for a coupon code! Sometimes they will give you a code for giving your Email address or It being your first purchase! Hell even call them just for fun to see If they have any coopons available to use! Its worth a shot. Its a drop in the bucket in the performance gains also.....see if any other vendors offer it also! Search....search....search...there are deals to be had out there man! [party]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Has anyone here used the focus ST exhaust tip and made it a center exit above the diffuser?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
I saw a European guy did it once. Looked a lil funky to me with the cutout still there for the stock exhaust. It was right there in the middle of the black honey comb. Unique for sure. To each there own.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone knows if the FlowMaster has drone problems? (At this moment according with my research FSWERKS is the only one with no complains of drone) (Looking for a good deal :) )