Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

grnmachine02

Use the two bolts it came with. My studs from DP to catback were mangled. I drove them out with an air hammer and used the included hardware.

Edit:// sorry, I misread your original post. When you said "any suggestions" regarding the flex pipe studs, I thought you meant for hardware. If you have access to an air hammer, those studs will pop out fairly easy.

I installed the Tsudo exhaust a week and a half ago and it is simply amazing for the price. It was ~$350 from ebay and sounds really good. It does have some drone but nothing I can't handle. Here is a sound clip for anyone interested. It is made out of 304SS as well (magnet did not stick and is advertised as 304SS) its currently dirty looking as I live in Ohio so I'll report how it holds up when spring/summer rolls around.

[video=youtube;gUdNEqtJTeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUdNEqtJTeg[/video]

I installed the Tsudo exhaust a week and a half ago and it is simply amazing for the price. It was ~$350 from ebay and sounds really good. It does have some drone but nothing I can't handle. Here is a sound clip for anyone interested. It is made out of 304SS as well (magnet did not stick and is advertised as 304SS) its currently dirty looking as I live in Ohio so I'll report how it holds up when spring/summer rolls around.

[video=youtube;gUdNEqtJTeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUdNEqtJTeg[/video]
That might be the best exhaust I've heard yet! I have a Cpe that I'm going to be installing but that is the closest thing to the 500 abarth sound that I've heard! Can you get a drive by full throttle clip?

Use the two bolts it came with. My studs from DP to catback were mangled. I drove them out with an air hammer and used the included hardware.

Edit:// sorry, I misread your original post. When you said "any suggestions" regarding the flex pipe studs, I thought you meant for hardware. If you have access to an air hammer, those studs will pop out fairly easy.
Thanks. Ya, I'm more concerned with getting the studs out. I would also prefer to use the provided hardware over the stock studs. I don't have an air hammer, but I did find a wheel stud press (looks sort of like a c-clamp) that fits over the flange pretty well. I'll hit it with some penetrating spray. Hopefully it works okay because I AM NOT about to take off that damn DP.

That might be the best exhaust I've heard yet! I have a Cpe that I'm going to be installing but that is the closest thing to the 500 abarth sound that I've heard! Can you get a drive by full throttle clip?
Thanks a lot man! I'll have time this weekend so I'll try to get a clip for ya!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Odd or dumb (however you look at it) question; what makes an exhaust loud? What's inside a muffler that muffles the sound as opposed to a straight-pipe?

Thank you!

- JR

TheStig

Alot of things, factory exhaust systems usually have very restrictive muffler(s) that have baffles which direct the exhaust gases through different size openings, screens and chambers. On top of 1 or more mufflers, there is often resonators as well. Resonators do exactly what the name says, they resonate or help reduce/eliminate certain exhaust frequencies at certain RPM's. This helps when it comes to the dreaded exhaust "drone" you get at higher RPMs. Another factor is just purely the exhaust diameter, albeit far less than the mufflers/resonators.

When you get a system louder than stock, it usually had a different resonator and/or different type of muffler. Resonators are not always on aftermarket systems or may just be an option. Mufflers tend to be more "straight through" style to increase sound or less baffles/chambers to do the same.

Hope this helps!

Does anyone bring those into North America?
I did some excavating of the web yesterday, there is a Remus USA(prices were a pinch higher than importing from Austria, no shipping to Canada!) and modbargains has it on their site for suspiciously less. The sound clip that I found must've had the sound input directly on the tires, sooo much tire noise...

Sent from my iPhone using messenger penguins

really how loud is the MBRP exhaust

is it piss off my neighbors loud with a stock/catted dp?
It really depends on what you a used to. On a cold start it is fairly loud at idle, but it's nothing like a v8. Highway drone is bad between 2700-3200 for me depending on how much throttle I am giving it. Part of me wishes I had waited and spent a little more coin on the cobb, FSWerks etc.

You may not mind it. I commute about 65 miles on the highway everyday so it can get to be a bit much. I am actually looking into the fswerks as a replacement. I am sure my fiance would be happy with it as well. The MBRP also doesn't line up that well. It doesn't center well on the exhaust exit of the rear bumper. Hits one of the sides.