Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Fabrication shop scheduled for monday morning, im doing a vibrant 18" bottle resonator, vibrant ultra quiet, 3" t304 stainless mandrel bends from the DP back. They won't touch downpipe work unless I can provide CARB certification, but it's cali, thats expected. Installation is going to allow enough room at the tail end to install a muffler if it's too loud with the two resonators.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fabrication shop scheduled for monday morning, im doing a vibrant 18" bottle resonator, vibrant ultra quiet, 3" t304 stainless mandrel bends from the DP back. They won't touch downpipe work unless I can provide CARB certification, but it's cali, thats expected. Installation is going to allow enough room at the tail end to install a muffler if it's too loud with the two resonators.
NICE! [thumb]

Make sure that they also use 300 series stainless wire for the welding, and PLEASE post up pics when it is done and on the car! ;)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
NICE! [thumb]

Make sure that they also use 300 series stainless wire for the welding, and PLEASE post up pics when it is done and on the car! ;)
Yeah I confirmed, they do lots of stainless and ti, showed me their welding equipment, area, etc. and we sat down to discuss what I wanted. They gave some feedback, asked if I had new hangers because he knew the fiesta ones were too wimpy. Their stainless supplier is less than 2 miles away so they have a steady supply of bends to their specifications. When I go in they’ll have a whole kit ready for me, and it’ll be flanged rear section with enough room I can switch to different mufflers if I choose. I really like the fit and finish of the vibrant stuff, and I’ve never used them, so I wanted to go all vibrant.

As far as the sound, I’ve owned and srt4 and an Abarth, both factory muffler-less turbo 4’s that sound great, but generally I am not a fan of open exhaust on 4 cylinders, it almost always sounds too ragged and harsh. I want to enjoy the sound of my car and give it character, but I don’t want long-drive drone and angry neighbors lol

I am definitely a sound junky- almost pulled the trigger on an r32 back in the day based solely on the sound.

Anybody notice the new Flowmaster American Thunder series CBE for the FiST? It's only 409S but looks like a nice cheaper option. Can't find any videos for it yet.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Anybody notice the new Flowmaster American Thunder series CBE for the FiST? It's only 409S but looks like a nice cheaper option. Can't find any videos for it yet.
I'm kind of surprised they made one for our rides, considering how few of them are out there, and how Flowmaster focuses on domestic muscle cars and trucks, almost exclusively.

Muffler delete with a cheapo exhaust tip so it wasn’t just bare steel. I don’t know what other people are hearing that hate the sound but it sounds exactly like stock just a little more volume which I think is fantastic. For $35 I got the exact sound I want. No need to spend a couple hundred for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cxwrench

Muffler delete with a cheapo exhaust tip so it wasn’t just bare steel. I don’t know what other people are hearing that hate the sound but it sounds exactly like stock just a little more volume which I think is fantastic. For $35 I got the exact sound I want. No need to spend a couple hundred for me.

That's cool...any chance you can post a video so we can hear it?

Can anyone tell me where I can get the best price on the Cobb TBE? Or does everyone pretty have the same pricing as buying from Cobb direct?

Opens at 11psi, not crazy loud def a difference though lol. If you google Sound Performance they have a few vid clips up with Supras being dynoed.

LILIKE16ST

Straight pipe. Save your $$$

I totally agree I think straight pipe sounds good on this car. I've gotten several compliments on how it sounds even from other st owners wanting to know what catback I'm running because it sounds awesome when I say muffler and resonator delete they seem surprised lol

Straight pipe. Save your $$$

I totally agree I think straight pipe sounds good on this car. I've gotten several compliments on how it sounds even from other st owners wanting to know what catback I'm running because it sounds awesome when I say muffler and resonator delete they seem surprised lol
At the shop now just started with a muffler delete and new tips. If I want more noise just going to come back and delete the res.