Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any opinions on how a custom exhaust would be? I'm thinking a resonator delete with a different muffler, if thatd change noise at all. All I want is some sound, nothing loud (I leave at 6am), without having to fork out $700ish dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sounds just like the Ultimate Racing exhaust I put in mine.
I could only WISH that more companies offered a single, R5 car rally style, turn down tip EXACTLY like the one Ultimate offers! [:(] (The ULTIMATE, to pun a bit, ANTI-RICER tip!)

I am still trying to buy one of their 3" to 4" outlet turn down tips (but they want $150.00+ just for that item! [ohcrap]) to put on my spare CP-E tail pipe section instead of the melon launcher on there currently. ;)

I only went with them because I had their exhaust on my BRZ. Sounds great, no drone, doesn't sound like a fart can going down the road. They are expensive though compared to others. I wanted the Rolled Titanium Tip but OMG. [thumbdown]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I could only WISH that more companies offered a single, R5 car rally style, turn down tip EXACTLY like the one Ultimate offers! [:(] (The ULTIMATE, to pun a bit, ANTI-RICER tip!)

I am still trying to buy one of their 3" to 4" outlet turn down tips (but they want $150.00+ just for that item! [ohcrap]) to put on my spare CP-E tail pipe section instead of the melon launcher on there currently. ;)
When I do exhaust I really just want 2 slash cut raw steel tips, probably turn downs. All business, no flash.
Though, my goal is to look as stock as possible - different strokes and all that.

Any opinions on how a custom exhaust would be? I'm thinking a resonator delete with a different muffler, if thatd change noise at all. All I want is some sound, nothing loud (I leave at 6am), without having to fork out $700ish dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
https://vimeo.com/236507794

mignaaflow muffler, res delete, 2.5in turndown

So I just read this entire thread over the last couple days. A CBE is the last thing I need to be a full stage 3. Still completely undecided on which one. I bought the 2jr catless DP for a smoking deal last fall and have waited to put it on until I had the CBE also. I was a little bummed to find that the 2jr DP has a 2.5" flange at the CBE end. I would have waited and gotten the Whoosh a month later if I had known about it. I was always thinking a full 3" TBE and liked the MBRP until I found it had the 2.5" section into the resonator. Now I am leaning towards the Thermal with the 3" adaptor, just not sure if I like the looks of the tips. I might still consider a 2.5" CBE. I am surprised there is basically no mention of the Mishimoto CBE. I really like the black tip option they have. Obviously I could get any other tip coated if I wanted. So many options [crazyeye] Spring is coming quick and I need to figure this out [wrenchin]

LILIKE16ST

Catback exhaust is worthless in this car performance wise and you can be stage 3 with just a dp. It's basically just sound preference but don't get too caught up in the diameter thing...not much difference between 2.5 or 3 inch unless you're making well over 300 hp. Even up to 300 you prob wouldn't even need 2.5 or gain anything by going to that size. You would gain more from the free flowing muffler than the size change but still gain basically nothing thsts why I went with a resonator and muffler delete costed me 110 bucks labor and 4 inch tip included and I love the sound...it's not for everyone but it sounds great to me I'm surprised it's as deep and aggressive as it is...I've never had heard a 4 cylinder car that doesn't sound like a raspy weed eater when straight piped lol. You could always do what I did and add a high flow muffler to the equation if straight pipe isn't your thing either would be much cheaper than most of these catbacks. I just think they're so overpriced for what you get...people wanna talk about intakes being overpriced for the gains but you see people dropping 700 bucks on a a catback that does 0 for performance and is only a sound and appearance mod (which an intake is too but can see slight gains when tuned with the right one). Just my .02 good luck

If I take out the cat and run a cat less down pipe would i see gains
Hey man, did anyone answer this question? I don't care about the sound as much as the performance and everything I read points to the the hp coming from the down pipe. Whoosh has a 170 dollar catless dp....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Hey man, did anyone answer this question? I don't care about the sound as much as the performance and everything I read points to the the hp coming from the down pipe. Whoosh has a 170 dollar catless dp....

Sent from my SM-G930P
You will see gains lower in the rpm like 3500 and down and supposedly a slight loss up top which doesn't make alot of sense because this car has a ton of power below 3500 and falls off up top so that mod on a stock turbo isn't that great performance wise. You might see peak to peak gains on a dyno mostly on the torque side low but like I said real world performance probably would not change much and might even be for the worse albeit slight.

*edit*
I am talking about with a stock turbo....with big turbo or hybrid a dp is probably a good idea I was referring to doing the mod with a stock turbo. This is why I won't be changing the dp until I upgrade the turbo it makes the most sense install wise and performance wise imo..

You will see gains lower in the rpm like 3500 and down and supposedly a slight loss up top which doesn't make alot of sense because this car has a ton of power below 3500 and falls off up top so that mod on a stock turbo isn't that great performance wise. You might see peak to peak gains on a dyno mostly on the torque side low but like I said real world performance probably would not change much and might even be for the worse albeit slight.

*edit*
I am talking about with a stock turbo....with big turbo or hybrid a dp is probably a good idea I was referring to doing the mod with a stock turbo. This is why I won't be changing the dp until I upgrade the turbo it makes the most sense install wise and performance wise imo..
Thanks for the response. I have a ic on order and am looking at getting a Cobb so I need to free up the exhaust. If I'm looking to go stage 2 or 3 I should really do a full turbo back?

Thanks for the response. I have a ic on order and am looking at getting a Cobb so I need to free up the exhaust. If I'm looking to go stage 2 or 3 I should really do a full turbo back?

All you really need is a downpipe. The stock system actually flows very well. But if you like the sound or plan to go with a bigger turbo then it wouldn't be a bad idea. But the downpipe is a must for stage 3.

LILIKE16ST

Dp is the only part needed for stage 3 but you're better off just getting a custom tune with your intercooler or even a stratified or dizzy flash tune with that mod in mind any of those are much better than stage 3 ots. I was on cobb stage 2 for like a week or so then went to stratified flash on 93 then to e30....the strat tune was far better in every way even when I was running the 93 one vs 93 ots stage 2. The Cobb ots maps just don't compare. You'll get more power and better drivability out of a custom "stage 2" tune vs even a stage 3 ots cobb tune. Just my .02