Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sorry, no clips or photos. I replaced it with Mountune and find for daily driving its much easier on the ears and tracked Sunday, has enough tone to shift by on track too.

Right now i have stock turbo back on, need to log a few runs and see if changing exhaust made any difference in hp/tq. I doubt it but only data can prove it.
I see, how would you compare the sound of the tsudo to the mountune?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Siestarider

I see, how would you compare the sound of the tsudo to the mountune?

MBRP with straight Vibrant 3" resonator and muffler was too loud on throttle around town, and still droned some on highway even with the weight I clamped on just before muffler.

Mountune is 6 lbs lighter, good tone, not too loud full throttle, does not drone.

MBRP with straight Vibrant 3" resonator and muffler was too loud on throttle around town, and still droned some on highway even with the weight I clamped on just before muffler.

Mountune is 6 lbs lighter, good tone, not too loud full throttle, does not drone.
Sorry thought you had the tsudo my bad! Have a few exhaust questions going on atm haha. I had a feeling the MBRP would be a bit loud even with the res and muffler. Hope you are enjoying your current setup!!

Sorry, no clips or photos. I replaced it with Mountune and find for daily driving its much easier on the ears and tracked Sunday, has enough tone to shift by on track too.

Right now i have stock turbo back on, need to log a few runs and see if changing exhaust made any difference in hp/tq. I doubt it but only data can prove it.
Please post any logs in this thread as I am curious as to whether or not a cat-back yields any gains. Some companies claim hp/tq increases and others do not, would be nice to have as much data as possible before making a decision.

Just bought a Fiesta ST and first things first, the exhaust. 113 Pages of text in here so as a lazy european I kindly ask:

1) What are the options with a bit louder exhaust without annoying drone (I know, depends on a listener)? What's 'forum the favorite' here, if any?
2) Do I have to modify the new exhaust to fit, since I've got the euro version (2 doors)?
3) Previous owner disabled sound imposer, would you enable it or just put a louder intake instead?

I personally like the Milltek and the Mountune but its so subjective that you'll never really know what you like until you hear it? I reckon give Youtube a go, many people post videos with different exhaust set ups :) (and theres heaps of info on the forum if you just search it!)

Seems to be that some of the exhausts might stick out a little on 2 door cars because obviously the 5 doors are a longer car. I guess you can also ask manufacturers and they'll give you a good answer regarding that!

Don't know about re-enabling the sound symposer but I reckon if you have an aftermarket exhaust, there should be enough noise ;)

Ordered non-resonated Milltek last night :). It's great that you can put the resonator in if the non-res is too loud (for free). I liked the so called fart can (MRT exhaust) better according to the Youtube videos but they don't ship to EU so I took Milltek instead, which was the closest to that. I didn't like rest of the systems since almost all of them seemed to be very bassy, and not raspy at all.

Anyone know how to get my exhaust to pop/gurgle backfire more? I don't want to spend a bunch of money either. I did a resonator delete and it occasionally pops when engine breaking/downshifting. What else can I do for cheap?

kamayeye

Hi. Which cat-back is louder? Milltek Non-Resonated or Non-Resonated Race? Which one is better and no drone?

Hi. Which cat-back is louder? Milltek Non-Resonated or Non-Resonated Race? Which one is better and no drone?
interestingly enough, I found somewhere (after a long long long long long search) a video of the non-resonated normal version of the exhaust and I couldn't really tell the difference vs the race version... but the res vs non-res is very obvious in difference of loudness!

can't comment much on drone cos all the youtube videos are just people flooring it hahahah but i'm such a search on the forums can help you find the answer from owners of the system!

I will post full review as soon as I get the non-res Milltek installed in a week. I was told the drone is there but not as loud as the usual 3inch systems and daily drivable.

looking forward to hear how it turns out!
Just came from the first drive with the Milltek non-resonated catback. First impression: bassy (not in a good way, irritating frequency), wot way too quiet. Higher rpms a bit louder than before but still very subtle. So, now I'm sounding like a ricer when on traffic lights and when parking but other than that it's very quiet. I guess you can't win with the small turboed engine (I have had S2000, E92M3 and 997 Porsche all N/A with great exhaust notes so my expectations were a tad too high, but still, not impressed).

Should I put the sound imposer back online to get more sound into the cabin? I don't want more turbo sound with louder intake.

DvC

Just came from the first drive with the Milltek non-resonated catback. First impression: bassy (not in a good way, irritating frequency), wot way too quiet. Higher rpms a bit louder than before but still very subtle. So, now I'm sounding like a ricer when on traffic lights and when parking but other than that it's very quiet. I guess you can't win with the small turboed engine (I have had S2000, E92M3 and 997 Porsche all N/A with great exhaust notes so my expectations were a tad too high, but still, not impressed).

Should I put the sound imposer back online to get more sound into the cabin? I don't want more turbo sound with louder intake.
Some people say the symposer makes the resonance worse. Put a muffler on it and call it done. I had to for my mbrp and its sounds great

Just installed a Mountune CBE. Pretty good. Some drone, but not unbearable. Ran into a couple of issues.

1) I broke the stud from the flex pipe (stock) and now I need to press it out and replace it with a bolt. Any suggestions?

2) Alignment was a bi**h. I used the stock hangars at the DP and midpipe, but had to upgrade the two rear hangars by the silencer because the tips were too high and touched the bottom of the exhaust outlet on the bumper. I used two Cobb hangers for the rear two (they'r longer than stock) and they're stiffer to prevent the silencer from moving around and banging things. The exhaust is solid now with barely any movement and the tips JUST clear the exhaust outlet.