Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What the general consensus about the Borla?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I definitely would have considered it IF they offered it in a 3" version.

There are a few on here with it installed, hopefully they will chime in to this thread.

It is the same as (IS) the Ford Performance system, only with the Borla logo reliefs on parts of it.

My son is going with the Borla cat back on his EcoBoost Stang in the spring, as he likes it's sound over all else out there for those cars.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I definitely would have considered it IF they offered it in a 3" version.

There are a few on here with it installed, hopefully they will chime in to this thread.

It is the same as (IS) the Ford Performance system, only with the Borla logo reliefs on parts of it.

My son is going with the Borla cat back on his EcoBoost Stang in the spring, as he likes it's sound over all else out there for those cars.
Having run both a 3" and now a 2.5" exhaust systems, I can tell you that unless you are making over 400whp it makes no difference at all. I changed out the 3" Scorpion Stinger exhaust system and went with Cobb recently. I was hoping the Cobb would be louder and or more "poppy" <laughs> because it doesn't have a resonator, but it's really quiet on my car. I've actually grown to like it.... it will be more stealthy once I get the X47 installed on Thursday. The only fault of the Scorpion system is that the tips didn't extend out enough (made for UK cars with shorter bumpers) and I ended up melting part of my rear valence lol. The Cobb is also 22-23 pounds lighter, so in the last 2 weeks I've shaved a total of 35 pounds from my car (wheels are 12 pounds lighter than my SE-16s)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Having run both a 3" and now a 2.5" exhaust systems, I can tell you that unless you are making over 400whp it makes no difference at all.
GIVEN, but I wanted a system with a BIG difference from factory diameter, and which would cover me, just in case I ever went crazy with an insanely huge BT kit in the future, without having to change exhausts yet again. [wink]
(Some on here {and in the 4th gen f body world as well} change systems as often as I change socks, something I CANNOT afford to do!!)

Besides, isn't the Borla/FP system we are speaking of 2.25" in diameter, not that it matters below 300+ to the wheels anyway? [dunno]

Does anyone know the stock exhaust dimensions out of the muffler? I've heard the stock exhaust is 2.17" or 2.25" but the Borla and FRPP neck down to 2" out of the muffler. I don't mind 2.25" but I wouldn't want to go smaller than stock. I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What does the stock exhaust weigh?

LILIKE16ST

Does anyone know the stock exhaust dimensions out of the muffler? I've heard the stock exhaust is 2.17" or 2.25" but the Borla and FRPP neck down to 2" out of the muffler. I don't mind 2.25" but I wouldn't want to go smaller than stock. I know this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it. What does the stock exhaust weigh?
I can't comment what the stock exhaust weighs but I saved roughly 20 lbs just by deleting the resonator and muffler alone. It was actually 24-25 for those two combined but a little weight goes back in with the straight pipes that were welded in so I estimate close to 20ish. Stock muffler was 17 lbs and the resonator was 7-8 lbs.

*edit*
I agree with the ones saying diameter don't matter below 300-400 whp that's why I just spent 110 on deleting my muffler and resonator. I was able to save 20 lbs approx and also get what I think is a pretty good sound for far cheaper than any of these catback and it gave me about the same amount of power (0) lol. Even when I go x47 I think I'll go catless dp and just leave my catback like it is right now. I actually think it sounds good and catless will make it better. It'll be loud but I'm used to loud coming from several catless mustangs with high flow mufflers. If it becomes to raspy once catless simply add in a Borla muffler...done...lol

I have had Five exhaust set ups on my car. First Stock DP with no resonator. This was very quiet almost stock sounding. Second stock DP with a straight pipe, this was my favorite. It was loud but very livable with some nice crackles. Third was a Cobb DP and straight pipe, lest favorite. This was loud and very raspy and I am a guy that likes loud but I just couldn't do it, the drone was BAD! Fourth was a Cobb DP and Cobb cat back, it was a deep sound with some pops. I liked it but one of my hangers broke on the muffler melting my defuser. Also the tips got VERY hot and burned my wife two times. Fifth was the Cobb DP and the MBRP cat back. I still have this on the car now and it is my second favorite for sound but number one for performance. It is deep, has more crackles than the cobb and does not get hot. Hope this helps people find the right one for them.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I'm still very very tossed up between cp-e and thermal but leaning towards cp-e.
There's drone and there's no drone on the cp-e depending on opinion. I wish there was a catless dp cp-e system near me to hear lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm still very very tossed up between cp-e and thermal but leaning towards cp-e.
There's drone and there's no drone on the cp-e depending on opinion. I wish there was a catless dp cp-e system near me to hear lol.

Same boat as you. I just feel like cp-e sounds amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I know. That lil 1.4 sounds really nice. Fiat did some literal magic with thing. Why can't some company do it with our 1.6?

felopr

Doesnt the fiat a straight pipe from factory, just try it on the fiesta, see if it sounds the same

Question for anyone who’s running a hybrid or larger turbo. I recently picked up a hybrid setup and have a depo catless DP. Wil I gain any power from an after market cat back or is it just for the sound? I know with the stock turbo there isint much to gain from a catback but the sound. Thanks

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Question for anyone who’s running a hybrid or larger turbo. I recently picked up a hybrid setup and have a depo catless DP. Wil I gain any power from an after market cat back or is it just for the sound? I know with the stock turbo there isint much to gain from a catback but the sound. Thanks
Some ppl claim no and some yes.
It just makes sense to me that bigger is better in getting those gasses to fly by that turbo as easy as possible. When your dumping that much money in a car including all the other bits to help a better turbo what's an exhaust added in the end?
I will be running a 3 inch dp to a 3 inch exhaust.

Just my 2 cents.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've heard a straight piped fiesta and it sounded like really loud garbage, just noise without purpose. The abarth's ECU is tuned to add drama, while coming in at exactly the legal limit volume-wise. Haven't ever heard another 4 cylinder that sounds like it, I think it's the ECU tuning and the multiair valvetrain at work.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I've heard a straight piped fiesta and it sounded like really loud garbage, just noise without purpose. The abarth's ECU is tuned to add drama, while coming in at exactly the legal limit volume-wise. Haven't ever heard another 4 cylinder that sounds like it, I think it's the ECU tuning and the multiair valvetrain at work.
Srt 4 is the closest.

Ok I've got a NA 1.6 and I've had a custom exhaust made from the cat back with a res and muffler delete. I love that it sounds like a rally car however, my wife has decided that she likes the tone but not the volume expecially on the 800 mile drive to visit family in NC. Does anyone have any suggestions for a muffler I can put on the car that will save that deep na tone but bring the volume down from ear splitting loud to a dull roar lol. Thanks for the assistance.