Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST Mishimoto and Cobb Stage 2 AP

I've been looking for a few weeks and haven't found the exact answer I want.

Currently running Cobb's "off the shelf" map Stage 1 w/ High Flow Filter & Cobb RMM

I'm patiently waiting to hit up Stage 2 of Cobb's "off the shelf" map w/ Cobb's FMIC & an intake...

Cobb told me that they're in the process of making an intake for the 2016 FiST but honestly I like Mishimoto's set-up & would like to use it with Stage 2 but they, as in Cobb Support Team, informed me that they wouldn't advise using a different intake with their maps but that I could do so. I honestly don't see what would throw off or hurt the car by running a different intake BUT that's why I'm here.

Can I run a Mishimoto Air Intake w/ Cobb's FMIC, RMM, & AP (on stage 2 "off the shelf" map) without issues????

Only other add-on I have is FSWerks short-shifter. No exhaust or down pipe down...yet. Stage 3 is being saved for next year $$$.

I run stage 3 with stock filter stock airbox. DP IC and RMM is all I have and it works well.

Also you can get the intake code fixer from ron@wooshmotorsports and still use the cobb.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Why would anyone buy cobbs super expensive fmic, is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can run a stage 2 with or without an aftermarket intake. The only intake I've heard of that you may need to adjust your tune for is the 2J racing intake. I run stage 2 with a drop in mountune panel filter and cobb FMIC. Also I would highly suggest getting a pro tune over the stage 2 flash from cobb, it's a night and day difference.

Why would anyone buy cobbs super expensive fmic, is beyond me.

What even post this? It doesn't do anything to help out anyone, just sparks drama... We should all be on the same team bro, peace and love!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A panel filter, a FMIC, and a custom tune is going to give you most of what the stock turbo can offer. I think that most agree that neither a downpipe nor a CBE will net much of anything with a stock turbo except sound. You can find 5-10 HP here and there with intakes (perhaps more with the 2J, if you're willing to go that route), hot-side hard pipes, wastegate actuators, etc., but you're really wringing the last drops out of the stock turbo.

As far a FMICs, the DHM Race Intercooler is the most capable, Depo Racing is Cobb quality at ~ 1/2 the price, and MTC is cheap and effective. There's an awkward spot between the Depo Racing and the DHM BFIC where you're paying quite a bit for a brand name; the CP-E is a tad larger than Depo's but the others are the same-ish size (or smaller) and are more expensive. Anyone who has bought a Depo or DHM intercooler (or anything else) and has posted here has nothing but good things to say.

"Stage 1", "Stage 2", "Stage 3" is Cobb marketing. I'd say buy the Depo FMIC and spend the difference between that and the Cobb on a good tune.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
A panel filter, a FMIC, and a custom tune is going to give you most of what the stock turbo can offer. I think that most agree that neither a downpipe nor a CBE will net much of anything with a stock turbo except sound. You can find 5-10 HP here and there with intakes (perhaps more with the 2J, if you're willing to go that route), hot-side hard pipes, wastegate actuators, etc., but you're really wringing the last drops out of the stock turbo.

As far a FMICs, the DHM Race Intercooler is the most capable, Depo Racing is Cobb quality at ~ 1/2 the price, and MTC is cheap and effective. There's an awkward spot between the Depo Racing and the DHM BFIC where you're paying quite a bit for a brand name; the CP-E is a tad larger than Depo's but the others are the same-ish size (or smaller) and are more expensive. Anyone who has bought a Depo or DHM intercooler (or anything else) and has posted here has nothing but good things to say.

"Stage 1", "Stage 2", "Stage 3" is Cobb marketing. I'd say buy the Depo FMIC and spend the difference between that and the Cobb on a good tune.
just want to throw my hat in the ring since my intercooler is the same as COBB, Depo, MTC...whoosh
same core, same factory produced....and mine is in stock.....

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
just want to throw my hat in the ring since my intercooler is the same as COBB, Depo, MTC...whoosh
same core, same factory produced....and mine is in stock.....
Exactly what I was trying to say but hey, you are causing drama if you help people save money. I swear some people are daft!

Exactly what I was trying to say but hey, you are causing drama if you help people save money. I swear some people are daft!

Sorry man, I just want everyone to get along and spread that positive vibe we all have in us. Maybe what I read was misunderstood, and if so, then I apologize. Even though I have a cobb FMIC, I tell everyone that it's no different than the depo racing and to save their money too. And now Ron@Woosh has a beautiful part at a killer price, ill be advocating for him too. Again, I'm sure you're a good person that just wants to help and i didn't mean to offend you. [drinking]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Sorry man, I just want everyone to get along and spread that positive vibe we all have in us. Maybe what I read was misunderstood, and if so, then I apologize. Even though I have a cobb FMIC, I tell everyone that it's no different than the depo racing and to save their money too. And now Ron@Woosh has a beautiful part at a killer price, ill be advocating for him too. Again, I'm sure you're a good person that just wants to help and i didn't mean to offend you. [drinking]
No worries, I just like to help people with their purchases. I started buying from Ron way before he became the go to guy for FiST parts etc. There's also a good reason why he's a fav ( prices, honesty, service).

I'm addition, I just wanted to conclude with. Most people shop with a conservative conscience, some like to buy the best and the priciest. I just wanted to point out; that Depo, MTC and now Whoosh are just a good and half the price, almost.

OP
mudvayne50
Thread Starter #12
Alright, awesome! Thanks guys for all the info. Really helping me out. Main reason I just stick with Cobb products is so I don't need a custom tune, sounds dumb i know haha. I'm not looking to have the fastest FiST out there. I just wanted it a step up from the stock product and Cobb can do that for me & it's quick/easy to install everything. This car is my daily driver...23,000 miles put on in 8 months since I bought it new. I'm keeping it simple with my build

OP
mudvayne50
Thread Starter #13
Ended up going with the Mishimoto Air Intake. Went through Whoosh Motorsports instead of buying directly through Mishimoto. Great product, looks good, & install wasn't to bad. So far no codes have popped up as this is an issue with the 2016 model.