Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Fiesta doesn't sound like that...

So, last night I did my rotors and pads in the garage after work. I bought a set of S pads and put them on a shelf for next time, but for now I'm trying a set of Power Stop pads to see if they'll go more than 23k miles and not turn my wheels black in five minutes.

As I was finishing up around midnight, I could hear two things in the distance. Coyotes howling, apparently celebrating the fact that the reservoir outside of my condo complex is full again, and something tearing a$$ up and down the very long, straight road that runs along the reservoir. Camaro or Mustang, I couldn't make it out, but a modded V8, likely with headers and straight pipes, back and forth along that road, for about ten minutes. "Why don't the cops stake out that road at night?" I thought... you can always hear cars ripping up and down that street late at night.

The instructions that came with the Power Stops are very specific about the bedding in procedure, which calls for making several repeated runs to 40 mph, then panic stop to 10, back to 40, panic stop to 10, then drive around slowly for five minutes to let the brakes cool. I figured that long, straight road would be perfect, so after cleaning up, out I went.

Turns out the cops were looking for whatever was tearing through the neighborhood earlier. So, as I was making my 40-10-40-10 passes up and down the street, guess what? I got pulled over, since it must have been me making all of that noise earlier.

I told him exactly what I was doing, since it did look pretty suspicious, and I was doing it at about 1am. The fact that he could smell my brakes helped sell my story, and he was satisfied. I revved my engine a few times and said "Sir, if you think my car can make the kind of noises you heard earlier, I'm flattered." He got a good laugh out of it...