Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does my DV sound out? Help identify this noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POR265iCs1Y&feature=youtu.be
Hey guys, I am sorry for double posting, but it's absolutely killing me to not know what this issue is!

This hoooo'ing noise is coming from the mouth of the intake... car doesn't hold boost as well as before (but still pulls hard).
Went to 2 Ford dealers and they both said it's nothing. But a buddy of mine from ModBargains disagrees and thinks it's a DV issue. We checked all the pipes and everything seems to be clamped in well, so it's not an Intercooler leak...

Could you please help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it, and once again Im sorry for posting twice. :)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Few things.
1- To make sure there is no leak you need to pressure test the system, checking the clamps in good but does nto mean you do not have a leak. Cheap method is to spray soapy water on joints, ic, etc.. to see if there are bubbles which would be a leak
2- Does the noise change with throttle?
3- Still have the symposer installed? They can fail and cause boost leaks.
4- How did you determine boost is maintained? AP3? OTher tool
5- If you suspect the DV+ take it apart and check everything is moving smoothly. Can try to disconnect the power connection to see if it changes anything (not driving around).
6- can you hear where in the engine bay the sound is loudest (hood lifted)?
7- Need to know more of your set-up what mods etc...

DvC

I have an extra gfb dv i will send if you need another to test

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Few things.
1- To make sure there is no leak you need to pressure test the system, checking the clamps in good but does nto mean you do not have a leak. Cheap method is to spray soapy water on joints, ic, etc.. to see if there are bubbles which would be a leak
5- If you suspect the DV+ take it apart and check everything is moving smoothly. Can try to disconnect the power connection to see if it changes anything (not driving around).
This ^^^^^^^

I'll sell you a DV, but it's extremely likely not your issue. Not impossible. But super unlikely. Going to need to find someone that doesn't work on V8 pick up trucks all day to look at it. Which means..... Not a ford dealership.

Maybe some "hood up" video with someone in the car giving it a little throttle would help us ? But figuring out an issue over an internet video isn't idea....

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Other reflection I have on the topic. When assembling the DV+ make sure to use the NEW spring not the OE. From what I recall the OE spring will sound like a turkey gobble.

Other reflection I have on the topic. When assembling the DV+ make sure to use the NEW spring not the OE. From what I recall the OE spring will sound like a turkey gobble.
Based on his other thread about this, I don't think he's talking about a DV+, but referring to his BPV as a DV. IIRC, his car is bone stock other than a drop in filter.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Hey everyone thanks for the responses. I'll answer the most that I can in the following post:

Checked for leaks by hand, but not with any smoke/water, yet. Thanks for the advice!

The noise goes away during throttle (or I just cannot hear it when driving, from the inside). It's just very audible when I'm at idle.

In fact, I do have the symposter, still. I've not tampered with anything in the engine, aside from a panel filter (dry-flow).

According a ODB reader, I have a P2610 code (engine control module). Other than that, I can tell that there is a lack in power by driving. Hopefully my tech can determine this more clearly. I'm currently waiting for him to diagnose the issue.

I apologize for not clarifying. I do not have a GFB installed, but I was wondering if my OEM diverter valve was out. If it is indeed out, I will be getting a GFB, or a new OEM replacement. My mechanic this morning listened to it, and said "something sounds stuck open. or something." FYI, I'm at M.A. Auto care in Fullerton CA. Reputable shop that works on a few FoST/FiSTs.

Yes, it mainly comes from the air ram (where the car sucks in air into the intake). It sounds like a wind-tunnel, as if air is rushing within the snorkel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuuCvHoZ4xI

No mods done to the engine. Just a Mountune dry filter, and injen catback exhaust. Stock-ish.

Thanks again for taking time to check it out for me. Really appreciate it!

OP
D
Thread Starter #12
Random things. Is the dv power connected?Are you sure the intake is correct? The vaccum line t-tap?
Thanks for the response.
I do not know if the DV power, is connected. I've been constantly asking the dealer to just check for me, but they're not even willing to lift the car up. The tap lines on the engine are all secured. Same as the intercooler pipes.

The air intake has been checked by myself and 3 other guys. No cracks or leaks.

Thanks for the response.
I do not know if the DV power, is connected. I've been constantly asking the dealer to just check for me, but they're not even willing to lift the car up. The tap lines on the engine are all secured. Same as the intercooler pipes.

The air intake has been checked by myself and 3 other guys. No cracks or leaks.
Ever find anything out?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ever find anything out?
It would be a miracle if this person responded back...its been 3 years. He most likely traded his FiST for a pair of white Oakley's, changed his name to Kyle, Dyed his hair blond , drinks white claws and drives a Cobalt SS.

Last edited: