Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hawk performance ceramic

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Awesome, I was mostly wondering about using them on the track. I'll be replacing the rotors soon and wanted a low dust pad so I had ordered them from DHM a while back but was reluctant to put them on when thinking about the upcoming track season.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Awesome, I was mostly wondering about using them on the track. I'll be replacing the rotors soon and wanted a low dust pad so I had ordered them from DHM a while back but was reluctant to put them on when thinking about the upcoming track season.
I can't tell you how they'll deal on the track. I can tell you that they didn't fade after a few consecutive 1/2 mile runs. That's shutting down from 140+mph in less than a 1/2 mile. 0 to 140+ and then back down to about 30 all within a mile stretch.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How do you like the rotors?
I like them. They seem to be a stronger material than the OEM rotors. About 15k miles on them and they don't show anywhere near the amount of wear/tear my stock ones did at 20k.

Had them on my old FSP neon. For street use and light autocross(street tires) they were good. Anything on track, I'd go with something more agressive. They do overheat, maybe not as bad as traditional ceramics, but they will overheat. I'd suggest going with the Street 5.0's or better for track use.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I like them. They seem to be a stronger material than the OEM rotors. About 15k miles on them and they don't show anywhere near the amount of wear/tear my stock ones did at 20k.
Cool, you wouldnt happen to have a link or P/N? I've been looking for some new rotors because oems are apparently too soft. It's only been a year and I don't track and I use primarily the freeway so I'm having a little trouble understanding why my rotors are wearing just about as fast as my oem pads. I recently replaced my oem pads with these ceramic pads and I like them so far. My assessment of them has been the same as yours except I haven't driven them quite as hard as you have.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Cool, you wouldnt happen to have a link or P/N? I've been looking for some new rotors because oems are apparently too soft. It's only been a year and I don't track and I use primarily the freeway so I'm having a little trouble understanding why my rotors are wearing just about as fast as my oem pads. I recently replaced my oem pads with these ceramic pads and I like them so far. My assessment of them has been the same as yours except I haven't driven them quite as hard as you have.
Yeah, we sell them. I'll PM you the links.

Edit- Brain fart. We sell StopTech on the site. However both are under Centric Parts. In other words StopTech = Powerslot in this particular instance.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yeah, we sell them. I'll PM you the links.

Edit- Brain fart. We sell StopTech on the site. However both are under Centric Parts. In other words StopTech = Powerslot in this particular instance.
Ok, thanks.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
Had them on my old FSP neon. For street use and light autocross(street tires) they were good. Anything on track, I'd go with something more agressive. They do overheat, maybe not as bad as traditional ceramics, but they will overheat. I'd suggest going with the Street 5.0's or better for track use.
How are the 5.0s on dust? That was pretty much the biggest factor for me ordering the ceramic to begin with.

I'm thinking maybe just order the 5.0s for the rear and use ceramic on the front. Then either make my own brake cooling or order the one from boomba.

TBH, if you're considering a performance pad, dust should be very low on your list of priorities.

The ceramics weren't too bad on dust, a little more than your run of the mill parts store ceramic pad, but not quite as bad as the stock pads that everyone complains about.
The 5.0's are a little more than the stockers, but not as much as a full on track pad from HAWK. that said, I have noticed that hawk pads tend to dust a bit more than their equivelint pads from other manufacturers. I plan on trying out a few of the G-Loc pads this season. Supposedly they're very close to carbotech, but more rotor friendly.

I've run the Street Race front / HP+ rear combo and they dust like CRAZY. I wouldn't recommend them for daily use unless you feel like cleaning your wheels daily. On the track they were great though.

PhoenixM3

How are the 5.0s on dust? That was pretty much the biggest factor for me ordering the ceramic to begin with.

I'm thinking maybe just order the 5.0s for the rear and use ceramic on the front. Then either make my own brake cooling or order the one from boomba.

I've had HPS 5.0's on for about 3 months now. I just shifted from black steel wheels and snow tire setup to the stock rims/Summer tires. Reduction in brake dust is amazing, that's the plus. I can't really tell if these are more fade resistant, but I do not care for the much higher pedal effort. Perhaps I was just accustomed to the stock pads, but this is a good trade off.

I drove to Rome and back last weekend and the brake dust was nearly non-existent.

OP
A
Thread Starter #15
I've had HPS 5.0's on for about 3 months now. I just shifted from black steel wheels and snow tire setup to the stock rims/Summer tires. Reduction in brake dust is amazing, that's the plus. I can't really tell if these are more fade resistant, but I do not care for the much higher pedal effort. Perhaps I was just accustomed to the stock pads, but this is a good trade off.

I drove to Rome and back last weekend and the brake dust was nearly non-existent.
How would you saying the braking power compares to stock?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I have Hawk HP+ pads on the front and rear of my Mustang. They are loud (squeak, grinding) and create massive amounts of dust, more than the ST on the street. Stopping with cold pads takes slightly more distance (hard to quantify, but you have to add a little bit more pedal pressure). When the pads are warm, the HP+ are awesome! I haven't done a track day with the setup, so I can't compare that yet, but for autocrossing, they are perfect. I would not use them on my ST since it is 99% a street car and I don't want anymore dust than I already have.