Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No tire love from Costco

I'm starting to shop tires, as my OEM Bridgestones will need replacing in a few thousand miles. Looking at the Costco website, the only thing that came up were snow tires, not very practical in Southern California.

On the regular Costco shopping trip with the wife last night, and stopped by the tire department to see what they had for the ST. He poked around his computer for a few minutes and said the only tire they can get is the OEM Bridgestone, for something like $210 each. Out the door would be around $1100. Whu? No Michelins, or anything else? He said it looked like everything else they can get is "being discontinued in that size".

That's bizarre. I know they typically only sell Michelins or Bridgestones, but it's not like this is an exotic size, and certainly not being discontinued. Wonder what gives.

FocusMike

Costco normally don't stock our sizes so they have to order them.

My local Firestone will match any online pricing from Tirerack. I tend to give them the business because they are locally owned.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, Costco stocks tires for my wife's CRV like a mofo. I'll probably hit up the local Amerca's Tire. I just bought a fleet's worth of dually tires from 'em, they owe me a favor...

my go tos are Tire Rack, Onlinetires.com and Local Firestone/Bridgestone (Through work I get cost on tires from them so they usually win)

Costco is just about my favorite place in the world, but never looked to them for tires before.

GAbOS

I'm going to state the obvious.. Costco is not a tire shop.

<ducks flying chairs>

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, but it sure is convenient when you can drop off your car, do your shopping, and drive home on new rubber. I've bought plenty of tires from them, and have never had a scratched rim or any problems. Just weird that they sell Michelin, but can't apparently order them in our size.

Went to Costco yesterday. I asked about the Michelin AS/3+. They were available on the website now it's just snow tires. When I asked about this they stated if they don't sell enough of them they won't advertise them on the website. Anyway, he said he can order them and they run $135 a piece. They seem like a solid tire and can probably ring out all the performance the FiST can dish out. They get great reviews.

I like the idea of Toyo r888r but think the sporadic showers would be unnerving here in Florida.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #9
That's the same thing I saw... the Michelins were on the site, then they were gone. The AS/3 is the tire I want, and when I asked the guy at my local Costco if he could get them, he tapped on the keyboard for a while, looked, but said he couldn't get anything but the Bridgestones for over $200 each. Weird.

GAbOS

Not weird at all!

I would think it was strange if a tire shop, a real one, couldn't get the tires, not surprised at all Costco can't.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Costco sells the popular big seller sizes and our sizes aren't common enough.

I'll toss discounttire.com in the fray. Good prices and decent shipping. sometimes there's locations close by for install.

I'm fortunate enough to have good relations at the shops I've worked at, so tire sourcing and install has never been an issue. Also, anyone in Wisconsin, I can help.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #14
Discount Tire is "America's Tire" in California (for some reason). Great service. I take my company's duallies and company vehicles there.

Interesting- I had the presence of mind to check the Costco site by size rather than by vehicle and yup, the Michelin Pilot is listed.

It's nice to see that for once, it's easier to get something in Canada than in the states; I just went yesterday to check for summer tires and the guy had no problem getting any tires that they usually have. I'm planning to get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3, but I could get the Pirelli Pzero Nero or some Bridgestones. They just had to order them and took maybe a week to get them, but they were available.

I'm thinking that it might be faster to get those tires once the weather warms up and that summer tires starts actually selling, but at least I can get them!

BTW, I don't know for the US, but in Canada I get free rotation and balance on the lifetime of the tires I buy there, that's a good deal.

If you have a Tire Rack warehouse nearby I would highly suggest ordering online and then driving to pick them up yourself. I have a warehouse 1-hour away so I saved like $100 on shipping.

Since the Michelin AS/3+ are the only tires we can get from Costco..how are they? I have see anyone comment on the + update since they have been released.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you have a Tire Rack warehouse nearby I would highly suggest ordering online and then driving to pick them up yourself. I have a warehouse 1-hour away so I saved like $100 on shipping.
Where in Delaware is that again?

IF I decide to go with the (already bigger buck), TR exclusive, Star Specs over the Federal 595s, I may consider driving down there as well to save on their crazy shipping costs.
(Albeit you are a bit closer to them than I am. [:(])

Where in Delaware is that again?

IF I decide to go with the (already bigger buck), TR exclusive, Star Specs over the Federal 595s, I may consider driving down there as well to save on their crazy shipping costs.
(Albeit you are a bit closer to them than I am. [:(])
It's in New Castle, DE. Super easy they bring them out to your car for you.