Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Software Kits and Ford's Warranty

Does Ford offer a Performance software kit for the FiST?

Do the kits from Cobb and Mountune void the Ford Warranty?

Finally was there a change in the Intake Tube design with the 2016 model year? The Mountune High Flow Induction Hose only fits the 2013 thru 2015 model years.

OP
G
Thread Starter #2
Thanks.

So once again, if I have a Ford Authorized "PERFORMANCE" dealer install the MP205-MP215-MP230 Flash Kit, then the Ford warranty won't be voided, correct?

Will ALL Ford dealers honor the warranty, if the kit installed by that Ford Authorized "PERFORANCE" dealer?

Thanks.

PS - I went and bought that Whoosh Evap Purge P144C check engine light Fix, so now I can go and use that Mountune High Flow Induction Hose on my engine. Thanks.

Alot of people from what I have read around forums, facebook pages and through various meets have had different experiences. Best thing to do is just ask your dealer directly and see if they know or have any information on it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Lots of misinformation on this post

The Mountune MP215 kit must be purchased through your Ford dealer parts department (all dealers) or directly from Mountune. This means it can be purchased from Ford dealers online that discount it as I did. Next it must be installed by your dealer, Mountune or an ASE mechanic. You then contact Ford with phone number supplied and take pics of the two invoices, email them and your warranty info is updated to INCLUDE the MP215 parts. Very simple process and has nothing to do with whether a dealer will honor it, it is not optional for the dealer, it IS A FORD warranty.

Go to the Mountune web site and it will explain the simple process......and remember, Ford partnered with Mountune for this. Only the Mountune is guaranteed to not void your warranty. Many dealers could care less what tune you have so it becomes a buyer beware situation. Keeping my warranty was my prime concern with a tune as I travel alot and want to be sure any Ford dealer will honor the warranty..

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yes. As long as the performance dealership honors it, and installs it, you should have a extended warranty to those parts up to a point. As for every dealer? No. My dealer is a ford performance but the GM of it will not honor the mountune "warranty". I've asked several times and they straight refuse to have anything to do with it. I'm unsure of the red tape so to speak anywhere else to give you a honest answer. None of my local dealers within 60 miles will keep the warranty intact. I've heard of places that do but mine do not. I was just told it had to be a performance dealer.

And you're welcome! Alot of people have ordered from him. He's got some good stuff!

Not true, covering the MP215 Mountune is NOT a dealer option, it is covered on your Ford factory warranty for the remainder of your factory warranty when you register it. Since it is covered under your FORD factory warranty, your "GM" does not have a choice to cover it, his boss, the owner signed a contract with Ford to do the work and bill Ford for warranty work when the owner opened the dealership. It your "GM" is so ignorant he can't ask his parts department what is says on the Mountune parts info he is truly ignorant, on the other hand if you are asking if they honor a "Mountune" warranty the correct answer is no. Your Mountune stuff is covered with your FORD warranty NOT a "Mountune" warranty. The best source for warranty info is Ford or Mountune a not a glorified salesman.......

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford does offer a "software kit" in the form of being a vendor for Mountune with their re-badging of the Cobb Accessport. Ie: MP205-MP215-MP230 flash tunes. They don't have one directly.

Mountune wont void the warranty really if a ford dealer is a ford performance dealer and THEY offer it. It's dealership specific to my understanding. Likely, any of it will be a no, it will void it to the parts changed and most dealers wont warranty aftermarket parts. If you update the software via cobb or mountune, you will void your warranty if something happens and they see you flash tuned it. I've asked a few as well and talked to the manufactures and they all claim it's hard for them to see it but if they do, it'll be flagged by their system. They do have the right to void it completely. My dealership where I bought mine and all the ones in the surrounding area have told me the same thing. Flashtunes will void it just like any other modification to factory parts. If you damage your engine, and they see it was flash tuned (they will one way or another, trust me.) It wont be covered. IT doesn't always happen but if they have very thorough techs and you've brought it in before, they'll know.

No there wasn't much of a design change in the actual structure of the stock intake tube, only the fact 2016+ has a check valve in the stock tube and has two vacuum lines to the intake. The silicone tube with likely fit as my injen intake for a 2014-2015 did. You will need a check valve for the intake to not send a evap code CEL. Mountune has one...but as with many others, people have problems after a short amount of miles and the check valves get stuck. It's a on going problem. Many people have problems with it. The solution I and others have is from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] and it's a great product. Won't cost you a arm of leg either. Works awesome and works where some others have failed. Some of the others won't sell you their fix separately so you have to buy the whole kit from them and not second hand...but if you want to go that route, great! If not, go for whoosh, you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps![lovest]

Mountune does NOT have trouble with a 2016 intake tube.....they don't sell one.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yes. As long as the performance dealership honors it, and installs it, you should have a extended warranty to those parts up to a point. As for every dealer? No. My dealer is a ford performance but the GM of it will not honor the mountune "warranty". I've asked several times and they straight refuse to have anything to do with it. I'm unsure of the red tape so to speak anywhere else to give you a honest answer. None of my local dealers within 60 miles will keep the warranty intact. I've heard of places that do but mine do not. I was just told it had to be a performance dealer.

And you're welcome! Alot of people have ordered from him. He's got some good stuff!

Try talking to Ford or Mountune and they will explain that ALL Ford dealers cover your Mountune MP215 if installed and registered according to the procedures from Ford. Go to your dealers parts dept and have the look it up in the Ford performance parts section and print you out the section on warranty. Your dealer has NOTHING to say about your factory Ford warranty that covers it other than "thanks for your business". You also have a Ford rep on the forum you could have asked....