Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next Generation Fiesta ST Debut

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
But I'd say 90%, in my opinion, of the people in this community heavily mod their FiST.
Define "heavily mod" above.

To me, it says at least a hybrid turbo replacement kit (as far as power mods go).

I SERIOUSLY doubt that 90% of this 'community' goes to a hybrid (or bigger) turbo setup, or else Bryan, Russ, Depo Racing, and whomever sells the X37/47 stuff here in this country/continent would be much wealthier than they currently are, (unless heavily modded means something radically different to you [dunno]).

Last edited:
Disappointed about the 3-cyl. I can appreciate that it's to improve fuel economy, but it's an ST. Looks are mediocre. Smoother lines but seems less aggressive. Love the LED DRLs and the interior upgrades. That's about it.

i dont like the rear tail lights, it reminds me of a VW, i also feel the older ST has better curves, although i do like the front end of the new ST. basically the only thing i would want off the new ST is that exhaust note.

I'm sure we'll get more details at Geneva Auto Show in a few weeks
Just looked up the 2017 show. It's only a five and a half hour drive for me and basically 20 bucks to get in. But I have to drive through France...I hate driving in France.
If I do decide to go I'll be sure to take about 100,000 photos for everyone.

AzNightmare

I'm sad.
With specs like this, doesn't matter what it does on the road.
Community isn't growing cause no one's drooling to buy this.

Looks a tad ho hum if you ask me. The 3 cyl thing kinda sucks too, as do those boring a** taillights. Aside from the upgraded interior, the car just looks just like every other cookie cutter hatch on the road. I'll be keeping my 2016 ST, I don't even think we'll be seeing the next gen Fiesta here in the states anyways unless gas skyrockets.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I like it but don't love it, except for the steering wheel and B&O stereo, which I love. Overall, I'm glad I have my '16. If it's at least 100 lb. lighter, that would make it more appealing.

ENGINE- Intriguing, but an unknown. Nice that it's a bit more powerful, but may be weaker off-boost. I'm not going to mod much, so no concern on tuning headroom, but it's new, so no reliability track record. I like that our engine has been used extensively almost stock in Formula Ford, and that one owner has over 175K trouble-free miles. Better gas mileage is nice, but not a major concern, previous DD got 12 MPG.
EXTERIOR- I like the front, because it looks like our car, with LED trim added. The rear looks bland and generic, that's the worst part of the design to me. Wheels are nice, but I'm surprised they're 18's. Is it going to ride even stiffer? Mine's as stiff as I would want to live with, and 2016's may have been softened up a bit.
INTERIOR- Definitely a step up, love the steering wheel and stereo option as I said. The bigger screen and less dinky HVAC controls are nice, but the gauge cluster looks crappy.I think I saw a nice leather shift boot, that would be great.

I'm surprised at all the negative response here. We all already have one of the most entertaining and engaging cars you can buy. I think Ford proved with the FiST beyond a doubt that they know how to serve up a proper hot hatch. I, for one, am very excited to see how this car drives, and I'm pretty excited about the 3cyl turbo.

A friend of mine has a tuned 3cyl Fiesta and it's quite a car. Sounds like a small 6cyl motor and is very well balanced. I can easily see where Ford is going.

Personally, I think the new ST wheels are whack. Pretty ugly, but the rest may really grow on me in person, and the interior seems terrific.

Can't wait to see reviews come in.

:( Why ford why go to a 3 cyl? :(

Interior is absolutely on point though.

Just because no one else is really doing it (other than a few token companies), it doesn't necessarily mean its a good idea. While the output per cylinder is pretty awesome, what are the costs for that kind of power?

I guess a few people really like the idea of the 3 cylinder, too each his own i guess. I definitely do not like it, and i definitely will not be buying another fiesta, if it comes equipment with a 3 cylinder. I'm starting to feel like the title for best FiST stays with our current gen :)

Have fun with your silly 3 cyl.

/unpoke the bear

I love the idea of the 3 banger. I want this car as a fun daily that I can nearly drive for free gas wise. I bet it gets 55mpg at low speeds. I understand many use this platform as something to track and mod but majority of buyers keep it stock for the most part. Going to be perfect for me!

Hello Everyone, I have watched the new fiesta st debut video over and over again,and I have notice there is a new fiesta st 5 door in red on the car carrier . it has the larger wheels that I have seen on prototypes photos all over the internet, so I'm sure it's a 2018. But what's a head scratcher is the rear lights are different then the car being chased by the dude on the bike. Is this the first glemse of the American version. If so sweet.

If you watch the fiesta st debut video again and stop it at the scene where the dude on the bike is landing on the car carrier, right next to him are 2 ST's on a car carrier, (1) 5 door red and (1) 3 door black. The black one looks like a ST 200, but the red 5 door with the big wheels looks different from all. Could this be the 2018 USA Fiesta st.

The cars on the carrier are current gen FiST. The red one is a euro 5 door with the optional wheels, I think shared with the black line Fiesta and could be a 5 door ST200 or the 140 ST-Line, and the black 3 door is either an ST200 or an ST with the ST200 wheels.
Hmmmmm I'm not sure what that one is but it's different.

I agree the black one is a st 200, but the red one is clearly the 2018 st, it looks nothing like the euro st, besides very little was changed between the euro st and the USA model. And those are clearly some larger wheels probably 18's, and there is still some Room between the tire and fender. There is very little room between the fender and tire of the current st, and it has a smaller tire.

Could be, I suppose, but I was just in France and saw this exact trim combo on a Fiesta several times in my relative's neighborhood, and again in the city. Look at the two cars on the carrier, the tail lights are exactly the same and the cut lines on the body are the same as our cars and different from the new gen.