Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next Generation Fiesta ST Debut

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Could be, I suppose, but I was just in France and saw this exact trim combo on a Fiesta several times in my relative's neighborhood, and again in the city. Look at the two cars on the carrier, the tail lights are exactly the same and the cut lines on the body are the same as our cars and different from the new gen.
^^^THIS!

My best guess is that those wheels are a factory option on the 2017 EURO FiSTs. [wink]

aftermarket meaning cottage industry performance parts are based directly to new car sales volume. there is no more new developments in 302 based production engines, etc. if the 1.6 ecoboost is done in the fiesta the development of new goodies can only last so long. also watched 281(4.6) parts come and go. seems to me i better get my big ass intercooler and my bigger ass (have x37, need x47) turbo soon.

Could be, I suppose, but I was just in France and saw this exact trim combo on a Fiesta several times in my relative's neighborhood, and again in the city. Look at the two cars on the carrier, the tail lights are exactly the same and the cut lines on the body are the same as our cars and different from the new gen.
If you go to the configuration for France it looks as if the ST200 is available in white, primer, and black, so that is that. That red one looks like the ST-Line, as in the shot beforehand you can see a dark blue 3-door that is also the same styling. They are left-hand drive so they are probably going to right-driving countries like Germany, France, etc.

It's certainly better than the current disaster, but hardly up to the standards of VW. It still appears to be a slightly clunky mishmash of shapes, finishes, and textures, although a final judgment will have to wait until it can be seen in person..
Agreed. For what its worth I can appreciate how they stuck to a more sportish / peppy look though, in comparison to the GTI which is more buttoned down and grown up looking. I like how the two executions are distinct to each cars' overall characteristics.

Now I am weary of the high gloss finish that appears to be on the cluster bezel of this new Fiesta. If not done right the reflective surface may distort over time and break the clean lines that it is supposed to have for the light 'flow' effect, causing it look cheap in direct sunlight. Could just be the picture angle for now so will table my comment until we get to see it in person.

I don't like the tail lights... I really like the ones we have now. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked this in another thread, but no one seems to know. Is it confirmed the 1.5 liter 3-cylinder will replace the 4-banger in the current U.S. car? And I take it we don't think the 3-door is coming to the U.S. (I would cry tears of joy if it did)? Thanks!

I don't like the tail lights... I really like the ones we have now. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. My only real problems with it are the taillights and the grill. Prefer the current ones. Like the rest of the front fascia and the interior is sharp (especially the seats).

I asked this in another thread, but no one seems to know. Is it confirmed the 1.5 liter 3-cylinder will replace the 4-banger in the current U.S. car? And I take it we don't think the 3-door is coming to the U.S. (I would cry tears of joy if it did)? Thanks!
Nothing is confirmed. In fact, rumor is that Ford will drop the entire Fiesta line in the U.S. Ford U.S. has a year to decide before the current gen Fiesta stops production.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/new-ford-fiesta-probably-wont-come-to.html

After a close view of the 4K images Ford released for Geneva (found here) on a UHD monitor I am much more impressed with this new version than I was initially. In that lovely Liquid Blue and with some right-sized wheels (finally) it no longer betrays its econobox origins so obviously; it looks tight, sculpted, and ready to play. (I do think the diffuser/exhaust area could have been styled a bit more aggressively. And there is still a little too much hard plastic in the interior, but no big deal there.)

Nice work Ford, can't wait to see it and test drive it! [party]

Attachments

Thanks a10thunder! Wouldn't it be a little nuts not to bring Fiestas to the U.S. Haven't they been selling pretty well? Thanks!

Thanks a10thunder! Wouldn't it be a little nuts not to bring Fiestas to the U.S. Haven't they been selling pretty well? Thanks!
Actually, no. Fiesta finished fifth in its class in terms of sales last year. Small SUVs are hot now, so Ford U.S. will most likely concentrate on the EcoSport.

2016 Total Sales
Versa 132,214
Accent 79,766
Fit 56,630
Sonic 55,255
Fiesta 48,807
Yaris 38,855 (includes iA)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually, no. Fiesta finished fifth in its class in terms of sales last year. Small SUVs are hot now, so Ford U.S. will most likely concentrate on the EcoSport.

2016 Total Sales
Versa 132,214
Accent 79,766
Fit 56,630
Sonic 55,255
Fiesta 48,807
Hey, at least we beat the TOYota, and I am (joyfully) surprised at that fact! [thumb]

zanethan

2016 Total Sales
Versa 132,214
Accent 79,766
Fit 56,630
Sonic 55,255
Fiesta 48,807
Why in the world are that many people buying the Versa?!?!?!?!?!?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'm glad you do ('get it'). [:)] [thumb]

Also, it is NOT "most posts", just those which either mention, or refer to the Nippon Giant, or blindly praise them, or state/promulgate the populist "It's a Toyota/Honda, it HAS TO BE PERFECT"<-[rolleyes] attitude/'factoid'. LOL

Since so many on here seem to be so sensitive to, and bothered by me 'dissing' their 'sacred' JDM manufacturers (I am guessing that they came from them to these cars, and will go right back to them for the 'next hot/fresh ride of the month', whereas I did not and will NOT, EVER!), I will try to stop doing so from now on.
Will that make me less of a pariah on here, and be OK by you (and others)?