Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next Generation Fiesta ST Debut

The body style is really growing on me, mainly the 3 doors and wheels and those headlights. Like others have said those taillights dont look right, imo if they would have made them more of a "y" like FoST tails then it kinda would be better.

Waterfan

3cyl will provide weight savings over the nose and maybe overall. Balance should be improved. Worth a test drive for sure.

The current model (the MK7) has the perfect blend of masculinity and femininity when it comes with the ST look (meaning both men and women can find the car equally appealing), in my opinion. With the new model the scale tips over to the feminine side and it feels more clear that the Fiesta is aimed towards women and the Focus at men.

AzNightmare

The current model (the MK7) has the perfect blend of masculinity and femininity when it comes with the ST look (meaning both men and women can find the car equally appealing), in my opinion. With the new model the scale tips over to the feminine side and it feels more clear that the Fiesta is aimed towards women and the Focus at men.
No idea how you conclude whether a vehicle is aimed toward a male or female...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No idea how you conclude whether a vehicle is aimed toward a male or female...
+1

But, there were/are some manufacturers who have/do market specific models towards certain 'targeted' sectors of the populace, whether or not those models are actually considered "masculine or feminine", this is pretty much common knowledge, and can be seen clear as day by their TV/cable ad characters/characteristics.

I will not go into details for fear of offending anyone on here. ;)

Quisp

1000 Post Club
+1

But, there were/are some manufacturers who have/do market specific models towards certain 'targeted' sectors of the populace, whether or not those models are actually considered "masculine or feminine", this is pretty much common knowledge, and can be seen clear as day by their TV/cable ad characters/characteristics.

I will not go into details for fear of offending anyone on here. ;)
Irish spring soap comes to mind.

Would Victoria's Secret be targeting women or men?
A case could be made either way I guess. [pics?]
And now back to our regular programming.

I'm not calling it a chick car, because it's not, but it looks less aggressive than the previous model and more like any other hatchback (especially from the back), most likely to appeal to a broader customer base.

I don't like the new back, but the flat bottom steering wheel and RS styling cues on the front end are nice.

I will gladly but someone's set of stock wheels, those are a huge improvement over the current OEM wheels to me, but I'm a sucker for two-tone.

Why in the world are that many people buying the Versa?!?!?!?!?!?
Cheap and the biggest interior in the class (IIRC). Sad reality is most small cars are bought by budget oriented folks, the buyer of small sporty cars that could get something larger is pretty small - Ford moves, what, about 3500 FiSTs a year? Not many at all. If the FiST sold great i am sure a FiRS would have been green lighted, but at this point i am happy at least the FiST made it. I am loving the new one, would love a 3 cylinder...let's hope it makes it here at least the ST variant even if the rest of the line does not. Ford needs to keep it's sport creds in place that is has slowly earned with great hot hatches, particularly since Chevy continues to not make a real Sonic SS as competition.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cheap and the biggest interior in the class (IIRC). Sad reality is most small cars are bought by budget oriented folks, the buyer of small sporty cars that could get something larger is pretty small - Ford moves, what, about 3500 FiSTs a year? Not many at all. If the FiST sold great i am sure a FiRS would have been green lighted, but at this point i am happy at least the FiST made it. I am loving the new one, would love a 3 cylinder...let's hope it makes it here at least the ST variant even if the rest of the line does not. Ford needs to keep it's sport creds in place that is has slowly earned with great hot hatches, particularly since Chevy continues to not make a real Sonic SS as competition.
...and Fiat/Mopar dropped the Dart SXT/GT/Rallye/etc. [:(]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Why in the world are that many people buying the Versa?!?!?!?!?!?
Ford invests virtually all of it's marketing in the larger vehicles of it's fleet. I didn't buy the Fiesta ST because I saw it in some television ad. I selected it out of a complete line-up on their website. In other words, it didn't come to me, I came to it. In addition, local dealerships stock few of the ST versions, if any of them.

Ford invests virtually all of it's marketing in the larger vehicles of it's fleet. I didn't buy the Fiesta ST because I saw it in some television ad. I selected it out of a complete line-up on their website. In other words, it didn't come to me, I came to it. In addition, local dealerships stock few of the ST versions, if any of them.
yup! A Matt Farah video finally sold me on the car, years after completely forgetting it even existed --when the car came out I heard about it from a friend but I was happily living car-free then. Sad that Ford went from seemingly turning themselves around, the Fiesta Movement marketing stuff, etc leading up to the Fiesta launch but then just let it wither. I'm so happy they at least sell the cars here, though what I've read suggesting the 2018 US model will just be a continuation of our generation it does sound like they're giving up. All they care about is marketing the 'new' Ford Expedition, which aside from probably a new interior and new drivetrain options looks like the same monstrous dangerous vehicle they sold a decade ago. Sold any investment I had in $F after talking with ford's marketing team after I started seeing all the expedition ads. They just.. don't get it, completely out of touch with the world.

Waterfan

Some of the reason the Fiesta (and FiST) exist in the lineup at all is to capture first time car buyers and hopefully lock them into a lifetime of Ford brand loyalty.

Buy a Fiesta today, have a good experience, buy a CMax, Edge, Escape, Focus, Fusion, etc later.
Buy a FiST today, have a good experience, buy a FoST, FoRS, Mustang, etc later.

3500 US FiSTs per year year sounds strong enough to me for an extremely niched performance model (and manual only). (And if you think 49k US Fiestas sold in 2016 is low, for comparison, VW only sold 62k Golfs in 2016)