Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installs: shop or yourself

joekai

Ok ppl, I've been searching and can't find anything directly. Yes I'm a noob to this forum, and I have not purchased yet. As stated in the newbie thread, I'm researching to see where I want to go if I purchase one of these little guys.

With these performance kits from the different vendors, are they easily installed? Not for the mechanical aspect, but for the sake of needing small hands to reach in to the engine bay? It looks really tight to try and get in there to change out a turbo, or any other engine bay upgrades. Do you need any special tools that the normal guy may not have?

Butterybunz

Most mods are extremely easy on this platform. Things start to get more difficult: downpipe install, turbo upgrade, lsd install.

OP
J

joekai

Thread Starter #3
I was just skimming through the build threads and saw a few front clips removed to get at some things so it looks as it becomes a time consuming situation to get to what you might be wanting to upgrade.

Butterybunz

The front bumper can be removed in 10 minutes or less, once you've done it once it's very easy. You just need ratchet extensions and you're good to go.

I am a complete noob. I put on all my mods besides the hybrid turbo. If you have the right tools most of the jobs are pretty easy (intercooler, springs, short shift kit etc.)

With this car I am going to be doing most if not all my mods myself.

Previous cars not so much, but I now have my very own garage so I won't be rolling around in the dirt.