Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next-Gen Ford Fiesta ST Debuts 200 PS, 3 Cylinder, 1.5-litre EcoBoost Engine and Drive Modes for Ultimate Fun-to-Drive

Salt

I don't know what's not to like? If your into mods perhaps but it's going to capable of 50+ highway easily and over 60 at slower speeds. I drive a lot and want this as a daily, it will be super fun and very practical. Down sizing sucks but most people buy these because they cannot afford an RS or GT350 etc.

This is my ideal daily beater I couldn't be happier with the on paper/photos i think it looks great and the interior layout looks perfect!

Waterfan

18" wheels are an interesting choice. Do we have any intel on the wheel width (hoping for 7.5 or 8.0), offset, or bolt pattern (hoping for anything BUT 4x108)?

I want to love it but it will take a few other people pushing these 3 cylinders to see if they can make 300whp+ or not for me to trade up. On the other hand they killed it on the interior EXCEPT the screen and shift knob. Seats look amazing, shift boot is much better. Front bumper looks better. Drive modes are awesome. If these 3 cylinders prove to be stout Im gonna be upset that I picked up a '16 last month

If you zoom in on the photo(s) the tire says 205/40/18.
Well, those who buy it will be able do down size to a 17" wheel will be able to rock larger tires instead of the size 40 rubber bands.

I like the interior and new seats a lot, but the exterior appearance is a bit too cute, not ugly, just cute. It went from a piranha to Dory. The Pano roof is deceptive, the opening looks about the same as the current sunroof, just with the addition of the entire front roof panel coming back with it. All-in-all, it's a cool looking car, and I hope they bring it here. I'm not in the market, especially don't want another car payment. I love my ST to death, and most likely will never part with it, but the more hot hatches on the road the merrier. I May get additional cars down the road, but ol' Madfish is staying in the stable.

I really don't like the sunroof. This car doesn't need anymore weight up to. I got a good deal on mine with one and would love to get rid of it.

Waterfan

Well, those who buy it will be able do down size to a 17" wheel will be able to rock larger tires instead of the size 40 rubber bands.
Exactly my thought process. 205/40-18 downsizes (upgrades) nicely to 205/45-17, 205/50-16, etc.

Waterfan

I really don't like the sunroof. This car doesn't need anymore weight up to. I got a good deal on mine with one and would love to get rid of it.
+1 on no sunroof. This is a light, solid handling, fun car first and foremost.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
18s are really too big and HEAVY (unless you use one of the actual, featherweight, team 18x8 tarmac rally wheels) for these cars anyway, unless they have an option to fit these cars with HUMONGOUS fixed caliper, multi-piston brakes right from the factory (WHY the WRC world rally teams use 18s on their tarmac setups). ;)

When can we expect to receive official US information on pricing and what engine we get, etc?

Waterfan

When can we expect to receive official US information on pricing and what engine we get, etc?
The next-gen Fiesta platform appears to be available with 3-cyl engines only (see the next gen thread in this forum). Therefore, we should expect US will get the same version of next-gen FiST as ROW. (i.e. 3-cyl 1.5T Ecoboost)

The next-gen Fiesta platform appears to be available with 3-cyl engines only (see the next gen thread in this forum). Therefore, we should expect US will get the same version of next-gen FiST as ROW. (i.e. 3-cyl 1.5T Ecoboost)
I can't find this thread. Where is it?