Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power Stop Z23

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Anyone running or have experience with the Power Stop Z23 pads? Rock Auto has them same price and the stock dusty pads. From other reviews I have found online there are not many complaints. Need complete brakes this summer and right now leaning just going stocker (pads and rotors) but the draw of a less dust is always there.

Just put a set of Z23 pads on new oem rotors. I did the bedding in per their instructions. After they broke in within a day's driving, braking feel is about the same as stock as far as I can tell.

Can't speak to the dusting yet... haven't washed my car since swapping out the original pads so my wheels are still filthy. Hope they run cleaner and don't eat the rotors in 20k miles.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Just put a set of Z23 pads on new oem rotors. I did the bedding in per their instructions. After they broke in within a day's driving, braking feel is about the same as stock as far as I can tell.

Can't speak to the dusting yet... haven't washed my car since swapping out the original pads so my wheels are still filthy. Hope they run cleaner and don't eat the rotors in 20k miles.
That is good news. Can you confirm the part numbers for power stop you have so we can have it in the forum for others to find in the future?

My pleasure. I keep a list of part numbers for items for easy reference if they're needed again.

Felt really guilty last night - couldn't tell what color my car was anymore, and it looks like we've got a break in the weather for a while, so I detailed the car last night. I'll report back on dusting.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Well, 200 miles in and I can still tell what color my wheels are. Less dusting for sure with these pads.
THank you very much. The stocks in 60 miles I go from gloss black rims to matte black rims... These are on my list of parts.

I just put them on my 2015 FIST. My car has 16k miles and I changed the pads because of the dust and they suck big time, I did the bed-in and still they don't bite nearly as OEM, it feels like I have no brakes.

I just put them on this week. I got white wheels a few weeks ago and wanted something that dusts less. They do indeed dust less, but they are not dust free by any means.

The initial bite isn't as good as the stock pads, but the overall feel is still pretty good and braking power is about the same I would say. They're also substantially quieter than stock if that matters to you.

Hey guys

Z23 Evolution Sport Carbon pads front\rear and Extreme Performance Drilled and Slotted rotors front\rear.

I did the install and burnish procedure last night. I will report back after I get some miles on them this weekend.

I put Powerstops on my 2002 Z28 which is a garage queen with healthy mods and they perform very well for the price.

My out the door Rockauto price for the FiST was $240 shipped. A good deal for what you get not to mention the new clips, boots, and lube.

Hey guys

Z23 Evolution Sport Carbon pads front\rear and Extreme Performance Drilled and Slotted rotors front\rear.

I did the install and burnish procedure last night. I will report back after I get some miles on them this weekend.

I put Powerstops on my 2002 Z28 which is a garage queen with healthy mods and they perform very well for the price.

My out the door Rockauto price for the FiST was $240 shipped. A good deal for what you get not to mention the new clips, boots, and lube.
How did these work out for you? I'm planning to do some brake work during spring and debating between this setup (package on rockauto is ~230) or just getting the Z23 pads and standard rotors for cost.

HBEcoBeaST

How did these work out for you? I'm planning to do some brake work during spring and debating between this setup (package on rockauto is ~230) or just getting the Z23 pads and standard rotors for cost.
I'm running the powerstop drilled/slotted with oem pads from rock auto. I liked the initial bite of the stock pads so I ordered the OEM ones. None of that bite is lost with my current set up. The rear discs make a little slot noise under light braking but to me it sounds cool.

I really like how the rotors look and they were cheaper than OEM replacements at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm running Z23 pads on OEM rotors. After about 10,000 miles, still no digging into the rotors, low dust and plenty of pad life left. I also tracked the car on a road course once, and just autocrossed this weekend. They did a respectable job on track.

Hey guys,

Can you post links with model numbers? I did a quick search with the links that are in OneFord's post and Amazon says they do not fit my Fist.

thanks in advance,

Here's a link to the package for the parts on RockAuto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824

That has the Z23 pads and the Extreme Performance drilled/slotted rotors.
Thanks...

I ordered and should receive the Z23 setup today. Cost ~$280...

Also ordered SS brake lines, but they are coming from someone else (Carid). They should be here Wednesday. When I install I will take picture and report back to how well they are working.

Thanks again for everyone's help...

Last edited: