Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission whine....again

Long story short, my clutch was clicking and clacking starting at 6k miles, my AC blend door went bad around 8k miles, my transmission started whining in 5th/6th at highway speeds around shortly after that. The clutch was replaced at about 28k miles, and the transmission was replaced about 1k miles ago at 29k miles. I should note, the car is stock other than a drop in air filter.

The new transmission is just as noisy, if not worse. The old one was determined to have bad bearings in input/output shafts and the differential. The new one sounds almost identical.

It also feels down on power compared to when it was new.....I don't know what the hell to do with this car anymore. Has anyone had these experiences that can give me some advice? Is there anyone near Raleigh that has a stock car that wouldn't mind letting me ride along to listen to their ride and see how it performs?

I LOVED this car when I got it. It was quick, put me back in my seat, and was fun to drive. Now it is just a clunk box, sounds horrible, and has had way more problems than a car with still less than 30k miles should have. I want my old car back ????

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Stock. The new trans was just installed last month. Considering the problems I've had, I refuse to change the fluid to something else.

Wow mate what a shit salad reminds me of a hemi jeep I had. I ended up selling it and loosing my arse on it. Can you take it back in to get the noise checked out, surly it's under warranty still ??

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Yes it is still under warranty. I just don't know how many times I can deal with it. The car just hit the 3yr mark, and has less than 30k miles. I bought it new specifically because I didn't want to deal with any major repairs. It'll go back in at some point soon, but.....How many transmissions is it going to take before I get one that'll last even 30k trouble free miles?