Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

R-Sport Pro Stage 2 intercooler review and thoughts

I figured I'd make a new thread about my intercooler that I put on my car a few months ago. I purchased Pumaspeed's R-sport stage 2 pro intercooler. now let me start by saying that I do know we here in the states have PLENTY of support for our platform but I wanted to see how this "odd" intercooler is ( never hurts to try something different right?).They call it their Square tube and fin design and that's what got me curious. After reading the differences between bar and plate/tube and fin I figured that maybe this would be the best of both worlds...or the worst. once the intercooler arrived I took a good look at it and ...it looks like an intercooler lol but what's important is that there were no blemishes, the welds looked great..mmm so shiny. I had my e30 tune from DHM already on my car so once I put that intercooler on ( it does fit a tad differently on the bottom, snug, but it works. US spec car) I immediately found mexico and did a nice 3rd-4th gear pull. charge temps only went up 15 degrees ( only went up 10 in 3rd) before I had to hit the breaks which is way better than stock.

stop and go traffic I do see 20 degree above ambient charge temps. I was at a light a looked at the temp and blipped the throttle and it dropped 2 degrees. though I don't think it's the intercooler design I think its just me being ignorant to how intercoolers work and automatically assumed that if the car isn't moving then itll heat soak and blipping the throttle would make it worse( hot air passing through a hot surface) ..ANYWAY i'm babbling. once I take off it settles at 1-2 degrees above ambient at speed.

for people in EU and AUS, give it a try. I like mine. cant wait to see how it holds in the hotter months. for the rest of us in the US if you feel like you want to venture out and try something new try this intercooler. costs about the same as the DNA and MTC intercoolers too. I know a lot of you will be saying "there are plenty of options out there so why get this one?" it's all preference really I just figured id give my thoughts on an intercooler that I haven't seen anyone really talk about yet.

i'll be back with more info as sooon as I get hybrid strapped on and ill have actual data.

Been looking at that intercooler.
Do want to know how it performs with a Hybrid.