Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Shoes, first 4x100 Fist?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Pretty much impossible. So, why again are you afraid of having two patterns on a hub?
I'm not even going to get into THAT shitstorm brewing argument any more, but it is MY right/choice (or just keeping the single drilled, factory 4x108 hubs I already have, as the case may be), for whatever reasons for wanting it done this way. ;)

I'm not even going to get into THAT shitstorm brewing argument any more, but it is MY right/choice (or just keeping the single drilled, factory 4x108 hubs I already have, as the case may be), for whatever reasons for wanting it done this way. ;)
Lol, but that's the fun part.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I think I have posted this already but I have bought brand new cars with extra and much larger holes drilled in the hubs from the factory, drilling 4 little stud holes is no big deal at all. I did the first 4x100 conversion, DIY, 225 super sticky tires on 9" wide wheels, ran on RA1's on track on other 9" wheels, full suspension mods including bushings, pounded over the curbs, 18k miles on the car now, not an issue, at all, ever:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think I have posted this already but I have bought brand new cars with extra and much larger holes drilled in the hubs from the factory, drilling 4 little stud holes is no big deal at all. I did the first 4x100 conversion, DIY, 225 super sticky tires on 9" wide wheels, ran on RA1's on track on other 9" wheels, full suspension mods including bushings, pounded over the curbs, 18k miles on the car now, not an issue, at all, ever:)
That is all great and fine Rick, but I may have to keep this car for 200K+ miles, and although I may never ever have outright 100 or under tread wear gumballs on it, and never have any more than an 8" wide wheel, the roads I must put those 200K miles on are in MUCH worse shape than what you must travel on, for as little as you actually street drive that monster.

I refuse to argue about this any more, and I am very happy for you, and all of the others on here who do this mod so that they can install weightless wheels (very few of which I can even stand the aesthetics of, as much as that rubs the whole function over form philosophy in the worst way, but I alone must live with, and love, the 'looks' of a car I may have to own for the rest of my days).

And while YES, OF COURSE this is the SINGLE MOST effective performance gain/benefit mod one can do (by the very LAWS of Physics), it may not be for everyone.
One could also claim that a house sized snail, on a 100% 'built' engine to get 500+ to the front (weight transferred off of) wheels is a major gain performance mod, but I personally am not about to do that, in this or any other lifetime.

IF the weight issue ever gets to me in the worst way, I will save up my (millions of) pennies and order a set of CCW wheels, which can be drilled in ANY PCD, and be had in ANY diameter/offset/width/finish imaginable, although yes, at a dear price in $$$$.

Now I know that you will have war stories about people destroying CCWs (as well as other even MORE co$tly forged wheels) with little effort on their part, and claim that the deified flow formed wheels are 10x stronger than ANY fully forged wheel for 1/20th (or less) the cost, but I will take my chances if it ever comes to that (UNLESS those flow formed wheel companies WAKE UP and start making product in OUR exact size/PCD/offset/etc. needs, and do not FORCE us to go through this whole process in order to use their products). [wink]

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I refuse to argue about this any more
They why would you post a (yet another) ranting opinion contrary to a thread promoting this conversation? It seems that you have a mission to make sure that everyone knows exactly where you stand on every thread on this forum.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They why would you post a (yet another) ranting opinion contrary to a thread promoting this conversation? It seems that you have a mission to make sure that everyone knows exactly where you stand on every thread on this forum.
I meant AFTER that post. ;)

UNSUBSCRIBING NOW. (I only came in here to see IF this could be done to BLANK hub flanges at all, and I am NOT in "every thread on this forum" LOL)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
One could always take a set of hubs to a machine shop and have them make a new set of blank ones then drill them to 4x100, if money is not the issue that is:)

Or better yet, have them made out of a higher grade of metal than normally used, make them thicker at the flanges or just the area for the studs, then machine off excess metal to get the wight back down........

Less expensive is to have the stock holes filled by somebody that knows enough to do it right.

But, properly done, drilling holes can make some parts actually stronger than weaker but I am not the one to figure that out on something as important as a hub, I just know there is plenty of material to do a 90 degree rotation and drill new holes and not worry about it in the least.

-------------

I can understand being apprehensive of some mods on a long term car on bad roads, makes sense, why the very first mod I would do is go to 15 or 16" wheels, 15's over 16s for less weight and more sidewall, low weight strong wheels also protect the suspension including the hubs and the chassis.

Sticking with 17" wheels on bad roads instead of going to smaller diameter wheels makes no sense to me at all.

-------------

I mentioned earlier about pounding over the curbs on the track, two track days is all this car has seen, nearly all the rest of the miles are from tune runs and cruising. I rarely play on the streets and no longer track the car due to an eye injury I could work around but I like to go all out all the time on track and I do not feel quite safe now doing so and I have decided I am done with major car builds, getting into rock hounding, full time RVing, eventually land up in the hills for off the grid living, the car no longer fits my needs but have not tried very hard to sell it as still love it and my wife wants me to keep it:)

WHEN I was tracking any car I did a very high level of maintenance inspecting ever serious nut and bolt, hoses, fluids, etc after every single event, I even re torque the lugs after every session and I carry a well sorted out tool kit at all times on the street.

All that said, a 4x100 conversion is still one of the best moderate to very low cost mods one can do on this car, one of the very first things I did in the 8 months it sat on the lift with 293 miles on it. Those that choose not to do this mod have their reasons but I would not let that sway me in the least, this one was such a simple no brainer mod I would personally feel a bit foolish if I did not do it:)

Rick

Last edited: