Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Shoes, first 4x100 Fist?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
These are my daily driver wheels and tires that I can run all year yet have incredibly good handling for an all season, the top rated tire made for it though not to great in snow but I have no plans for much of that.

The car is sitting a bit high, just dropped it off the lift so not settled yet and around 200 lbs out of it at the moment.

[

17x7, 4x100, +40 offset, Konig Feather, 205/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Y rated, 38 lbs per corner
New TPMS sensors, mount, balance, warranty, lifetime balance, $1292 plus tax.

These are very good wheels for a very good price and the best tires I could put on for all around use. They can be used on the track when really cold, wet, etc and then I will have dedicated track wheels and tires for good weather. These will also ride much better than the stock tires, probably handle just as good or very close and not be an issue in bad weather like the stockers. More sidewall, +0.8", means less chance of bending a rim as well. The tires are wider than I expected for a 205/45/17, a little stretch which is good, they could fit a bit wider wheel just fine.

My track setup will be 225/45/15 Hoosiers that are 8.8" wide or 225/45/17 BFG Rivals that are 8.5" wide on 15x9, 12.2lb roll formed wheels for just $141 each! I am working with a brake company to provide a BBK to fit them with. The track wheels and tires will weight 32-33 lbs per corner.

This is why I changed to 4x100, far more to pick from and some good ones for great prices:)

Track wheels I am ordering soon:

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That looks amazing! I think you might be the first, at least in NA, haven't seen anyone mention doing this. Any vibrations or issues from the redrills?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I do not have hub centric rings yet, that will ensure I have no issues but the machine shop did a very good job making sure the holes are correct, everything lined up beautifully.

I cannot drive it yet, no intake, DP, exhaust, battery, mounts, rear is gutted......I will not be driving the car for some time, it is not even licensed yet, I am doing a bunch of major upgrades first:)

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
OMG I have garage envy haha. Great looking wheels and bolt pattern choice...thanks to Honda the world is yours.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I paid $240 locally but there is now on another forum a guy that will do it for $120, hubs and rotors, killer deal and he is highly qualified to do so.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this or not.

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/parts-sale/1096-re-drill-hubs-rotors-4x100-5x108.html

---------------

I do have a great shop but I wish I had it decades ago, a bit of a mess at the moment, built many fun cars in it, Scion, Suby, BMW, Vettes, Miatas, now the Fist and loving the little bugger:)

It took many years to gather all the tools I have, enough build a house, race cars, furniture, etc.......

I am selling the house, shop is attached, storing most of the gear and going full time RV for awhile, 6 months, 6 years, no idea yet but will have a bigger shop when done.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I put a picture of the track wheels I an going to order soon, 15x9, 12.2 lbs, roll formed like higher end Enkei, $141 each!

That we owe to the Miata crowd:)

I paid $240 locally but there is now on another forum a guy that will do it for $120, hubs and rotors, killer deal and he is highly qualified to do so.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this or not.

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/parts-sale/1096-re-drill-hubs-rotors-4x100-5x108.html
Asking Rodmoe at the moment, but I think he'll let me post up my services, as he was the one that approved me on the other forum.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I hope so, there is so much to gain from this mod I want all that can to be able to enjoy it:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Great news, I hope many realize how great a mod this is and get it done:)

Hey Guys and Gals,
Business has been slow lately, so i figure its time for a little sale!! Check out my website, and enjoy 10% off all parts, and $25 off all 4x100 re-drilling kits and services!

ALEXTHEMACHINIST.COM

Enter the following codes for your discounts**
10% off parts - SLOW10
$25 off re-drill services - SLOW25

Please like my Facebook page as well!!! Facebook.com/alexthemachinist

Please keep up the support, as 100% of my profit right now is going into making new products available to you guys!!!

(** Only one discount code can be used at a time)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Cool deal on a great mod from a great machinist:)

When you take a look at the high quaiity, low weight, very well priced wheels in 4x100, add in the cost of this mod, compare it to other mods with far less gain for the money spent it is no brainer for anybody looking to make a BIG improvement in handling, braking, acceleration and more!

AND, it is a fairly easy mod to revert back to the 4x108 bolt pattern if you decide to sell the car, return on a lease, whatever the case may be.

Rick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I ever did this, it would have to be on a new, separate set of hubs, drilled in ONLY a 4x100 PCD, with NO 4x108 drilling along side it, IF that is even possible (are 'blanks' available??).

IF I ever did this, it would have to be on a new, separate set of hubs, drilled in ONLY a 4x100 PCD, with NO 4x108 drilling along side it, IF that is even possible (are 'blanks' available??).
Pretty much impossible. So, why again are you afraid of having two patterns on a hub?

Good stuff.

What about replacement rotors, after having this mod done? Anyone have an idea of which 4x100 rotors fit?

Good stuff.

What about replacement rotors, after having this mod done? Anyone have an idea of which 4x100 rotors fit?
As far as I know, there are no 4x100 rotors that fit, off the shelf. You can send new rotors to me, and I will re-drill them for $10 a piece, or you can use the worn rotor to mark your new ones, and re-drill them yourself. Rotor holes are usually oversized by about 2mm, and do not need to be dead accurate like the hubs do.