Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Down pipe bolt

Trader history for Spaceman_Spiff (0)

OP
Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff

Thread Starter #22
I was able to get one of the good bolts threaded in to the problem hole without issue. Now I just have to find a parts department that will answer my emails so I can get a new bolt.

Sent from my Spaceship

Zissou

Hi. I somehow f'd up the threads on one of the three bolts connecting the down pipe to the turbo. Is this something I will need to source from ford, and if so, can you help me out with a part number? I have no idea about heat properties and materials, etc., so I wouldn't even know where to start if sourcing locally.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Spaceship
I know that feeling; I bent one of those bolts changing out downpipes. Luckily I could still get it out, but it took a long time and a lot of patience (and a lot of WD40).

I just replaced it with a stainless steel bolt from Lowes and put it back in with aluminum anti seize. I might be corrected here, but I think that should be fine. I've had it on for about a year with no problems.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I know that feeling; I bent one of those bolts changing out downpipes. Luckily I could still get it out, but it took a long time and a lot of patience (and a lot of WD40).

I just replaced it with a stainless steel bolt from Lowes and put it back in with aluminum anti seize. I might be corrected here, but I think that should be fine. I've had it on for about a year with no problems.
You just have to be very careful not to torque to much as the bolt will survive but the threads in the hole will not. I always prefer the bolt being the sacrificial part.