Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Time Attack with my fist and set a new track record

I competed in Global Time Attack with my fist in enthusiast fwd class and managed to get 1st place and set a new track record as well. I ended beating a speed3 that had about 100hp more than me by 1.2 seconds.
Mods that I have done to the fist are: MAPerformance intake and I/C pipes, 2JRacing intercooler, Cobb Accessport, Zestino tyres, Swift Spec-R springs, TB Performance trunk brace, R1 Concepts premier slotted rotors, Hawk (F) street/race (R) HPS pads.

Here is a video of my winning lap.

[video=youtube;-B_05qByQew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B_05qByQew[/video]

Very cool. thanks for sharing and congrats! Now I am going down the Zestino rabbit hole since I have never heard of these before.

Nice work on the lap there!

How was the overall grip on the tires? Did the get greezy towards the end of a session? good lateral grip as well as traction under power?
What would you describe as any weaknesses with the tire?

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #14
Nice work on the lap there!

How was the overall grip on the tires? Did the get greezy towards the end of a session? good lateral grip as well as traction under power?
What would you describe as any weaknesses with the tire?
Only thing bad that I can say is that it's a hard compound tire, but they still handle great. Not sure if they get greasy after a few laps because I only went one lap at a time before I did two cool down laps. They are not as sticky as there soft compound tires but still able to maintain grip under hard turning. Overall I was satisfied with this tire. It's not easy trying to find a good sticky tire that has a 220tw or higher.

Only thing bad that I can say is that it's a hard compound tire, but they still handle great. Not sure if they get greasy after a few laps because I only went one lap at a time before I did two cool down laps. They are not as sticky as there soft compound tires but still able to maintain grip under hard turning. Overall I was satisfied with this tire. It's not easy trying to find a good sticky tire that has a 220tw or higher.
Just out of curiosity, why 220tw? Is this the sanctioning bodies limit? I only ask as most clubs around here (midwest) have adopted the 200tw tires as their saviors for street tires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd be curious to know how they compare to the various 240 tread wear Federal 595s on a single hot lap TT scenario like this. ;)

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #17
Just out of curiosity, why 220tw? Is this the sanctioning bodies limit? I only ask as most clubs around here (midwest) have adopted the 200tw tires as their saviors for street tires.
Cause to be in enthusiast class I need a tire with 220tw or higher

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #18
I'd be curious to know how they compare to the various 240 tread wear Federal 595s on a single hot lap TT scenario like this. ;)
The zestino are way better than the 595, I've had the 959 and they have no lateral grip compared to the zestino tires and the hard wall on the zestino are way stiffer than the 595. Compared to a super sport I still think the zestino are better by a few hundredths of a second.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The zestino are way better than the 595, I've had the 959 and they have no lateral grip compared to the zestino tires and the hard wall on the zestino are way stiffer than the 595. Compared to a super sport I still think the zestino are better by a few hundredths of a second.
I'm guessing that the 140 tread wear Gredges would cord on the street before even the sub 100 tread wear type tires, due to actually being MUCH softer an actual compound than their claimed 140 (besides riding like a buck board wagon due to their full race slick type sidewalls)? [dunno]

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #20
I'm guessing that the 140 tread wear Gredges would cord on the street before even the sub 100 tread wear type tires, due to actually being MUCH softer an actual compound than their claimed 140 (besides riding like a buck board wagon due to their full race slick type sidewalls)? [dunno]
When i had the 140tw tires i had them till they where bald. I had no traction whatsoever in the rain but I still used them for a small track event and still had good grip.