Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Trunk Brace review

So I purchased a tb trunk brace for the fiesta about a week ago from TB Performance. I have done a few track days before installing the brace and the car is very tail happy when pushing hard in the corners. Once I Installed it I went to a track day, not just an ordinary track day but a time attack competition. Once I went out to give the car a session I had noticed right away that the car was very stable around the corners and not as much tail happy as it was before. I managed to get a 1:32 in my first session just to see how the car felt and ran. So once I noticed that I was able to push the car a bit harder in the turns I manged to get a 1:30, Which was 2 seconds faster than my first time out. The car feels very stable around the corners now and only goes tail happy when you really push hard around the corner but still able to mange the car and easy to handle. I am very much pleased with the brace and will be buying a few more braces from TB Performance soon as well. Here is also a video of me racing as well.
[video=youtube;-B_05qByQew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B_05qByQew[/video]

Hi, you must be a Socal local like me!
What division do u compete for? Is there a stock division?

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #3
Hi, you must be a Socal local like me!
What division do u compete for? Is there a stock division?
That would be in the class that I'm in. I'm in enthusiast class witch is the slowest class. Only a few mods are allowed in this class.

Thanks for the info! Any pictures of it installed? I like the idea but wouldn't want to sacrifice too much usability in the cabin.

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the info! Any pictures of it installed? I like the idea but wouldn't want to sacrifice too much usability in the cabin.
Car is a bit dirty from the track day I had, had to do a bit cutting just to make it fit but nothing major, took about 10min to install.

Wow, I thought it would be impeding the trunk space! This is an awesome little handling mod! I will definetly be considering doing this for this track season! Thank you for the review and pics!

Car is a bit dirty from the track day I had, had to do a bit cutting just to make it fit but nothing major, took about 10min to install.

So I purchased a tb trunk brace for the fiesta about a week ago from TB Performance. I have done a few track days before installing the brace and the car is very tail happy when pushing hard in the corners. Once I Installed it I went to a track day, not just an ordinary track day but a time attack competition. Once I went out to give the car a session I had noticed right away that the car was very stable around the corners and not as much tail happy as it was before. I managed to get a 1:32 in my first session just to see how the car felt and ran. So once I noticed that I was able to push the car a bit harder in the turns I manged to get a 1:30, Which was 2 seconds faster than my first time out. The car feels very stable around the corners now and only goes tail happy when you really push hard around the corner but still able to mange the car and easy to handle. I am very much pleased with the brace and will be buying a few more braces from TB Performance soon as well. Here is also a video of me racing as well.
I concur with your evaluation. This is the only chassis/suspension mod I have on my ST but I feel like it really sharpens the cornering. I have several other TB braces on my SES along with Steeda bits and the FR3 package. That car corners great as well, just wish it had more hp!

Thanks for posting these - first close-up shots I've come across of the TB bar installed.

When I swapped the full-size spare for the non-ST compact spare, lowered the cargo floor and added the non-ST Weathertech mat, I assumed a trunk bar was not going to work without giving back some cargo space, but this looks promising...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did get mine installed....very easy with a Dremel to remove plastic for shrp I'd to fit with new rear trunk brace installed....ordered the strut tower one for blk Friday....all got sold had to wait for it to be made and coated. It's on its way now to me...I'll do an install with pics...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk