Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can you still order a moonroof?

I went online to the ford site to "build" a 2017 and the moonroof option no longer was listed. They have really simplified the packages and it doesn't take much to add a couple of things. I was wondering if they were getting ready to roll out the 2018 model which I see posted heavily on the euro youtube vids. [???:)]

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I just did the Ford.ca and Ford.com the moonroof is listed under exterior right below heated mirrors for 2017.

I live in Massachusetts and looked at ford.com and it is non-existent for the 2017 fiesta ST. No mention of heated mirrors either.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sorry, this is too funny, I'm in the states and by default get the 'simplified' version. However if I change the extension shop.ford.com/bp to shop.ford.com/build I'll get the more detailed build list. Why and how does the site reroute itself like that? Whats the reason for this madness?

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Yes! I see it with the links you sent me. How strange! Not that it's a deal breaker. I suspect a purist would omit this for structural integrity if you were going to track the car. I am going for a "stealthy daily driver" approach. I also read that the moonroof is positioned a bit farther back too. [8D]

Thank you!

You do not want to order a moon roof on this car. It kills the handling. The extra weight on top of the car is like driving with a battery strapped to the roof. I drove 2 stock cars back to back one with the moonroof and one without, its a big difference. If you are interested in having a great handling car skip the moon roof.

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
Sorry, this is too funny, I'm in the states and by default get the 'simplified' version. However if I change the extension shop.ford.com/bp to shop.ford.com/build I'll get the more detailed build list. Why and how does the site reroute itself like that? Whats the reason for this madness?
Yes! This is the problem I was having. I'm always thinking of conspiracy theories and wondered if they were phasing out the current generation in that I see a newer generation (with awesome wheels) being touted in the EU. [unbelieveable]

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
You do not want to order a moon roof on this car. It kills the handling. The extra weight on top of the car is like driving with a battery strapped to the roof. I drove 2 stock cars back to back one with the moonroof and one without, its a big difference. If you are interested in having a great handling car skip the moon roof.
Awesome! That is all I needed to hear... thank you for your insight!

Ford Community Posts